Gen 3 Headlamp Experience

Badsnek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its my wife's, has the GM Tune on it and it is a fun little car. Around 290 HP or so. Geared right, she keeps up with me pretty nicely on the twisties. Its a quick fun little car that won't break the bank.

John
That's awesome! I've gotten to drive one of 99RT10's Solstices, N/A variant, and truthfully I thought it was a neat little car. He then let my girlfriend drive it and now she's been randomly looking at getting one.

kmagnuss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old E55 had a PPF film on it that I didn't like. When I removed the film I had the same exact tiny cracks that the OP had... all over them. You couldn't notice it with the film on there. When I took the other side off I paid close attention to it and it was exactly the same... looked great with the ppf on and crap off. Spraying them both with clear coat made them look MUCH better. Not perfect, but they went from a D grade to a A-. Might be worth a shot to have a body shop do it for you. My guy charged me $100 and I'll be doing it again to the lights on this one also.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, people are asking silly prices for those replacements, because there are not much left. And like my Prowler Windshield, if it gets broken, the insurance companies HAVE to pay to replace. I will wait for the lenses. It is the same gentleman who is reproducing the Gen 1 and Gen 2 lenses. Will be ready within a few months I understand. $750 bucks. The guy who removed my PPF has offered to take apart, and put together the lights when the lenses are available. He does this all the time - now the issue will b taking the existing ones off - understand the front facia will have to be removed.

John
As I understand it, you’ll need to remove the fenders to remove the light assemblies.

PPF can hide many defects BTW. You might try just adding PPF to the lenses.