Anyone have experience with either of these wheel repair facilities?

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a wheels america in Houston and they have fixed a bent wheel for me and it turned out great. I was at my chrome plater yesterday and the wheels america van pulled up to pick up a wheel.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Wheels America on a set of 3 piece BBS wheels and could not be more satisfied! The turn-around time is 2nd to none.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had two expensive wheels repaired at Wheels America here in Houston. They did a great job and had a very quick turnaround.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These wheel threads are like a public confession booth.

I would never say I personally took wheels there. I'd be like asking for tips on frame straightening... Why do you want to know that?

OP
OP
D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These wheel threads are like a public confession booth.

I would never say I personally took wheels there. I'd be like asking for tips on frame straightening... Why do you want to know that?

Im replacing my tires and there are some scratches with a small nick that I want taken out of one of my rear rims. Looks like someone got carried away with an impact taking the rim off. Rear drivers, so Im guessing it was when the battery was replaced. In the searches Ive done on this it seems as if the damage was cosmetic for most.

My only confession is I dont really know what I want to do with my GTS. I know its not quick enough for me, and I know it has cast pistons. I do love the color though. If I had an older GTS I would get a Paxton kit or a DIY TT kit. Ive been thinking of selling mine for a 99 GTS, so I could just bolt it on and do some fuel mods and take it to a tuner. But for what mine is worth, and what used TT GTSs or a 99 GTS that is comparable to the condition of mine is, the smart thing would be to send mine to Heffner or UGR, however I would really enjoy doing the work myself, other than the forged piston install and the tuning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd