Avid Viper Fan is Tragically Killed

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best friends only son.

Killed by a drunk - no chance to miss the idiot.

800 turned up at funeral - this 20 year old young man touched so many lives his short life was not in vain.

I introduced him to Vipers a few years ago and he was instantly addicted. He drew them at school, had pics over his walls at home then at university, and while he lay in the coffin, his dad had him clutching his favourite pic - a red Comp Coupe with silver stripes, with his scaled model blue GTS I had given him alongside. His dream was to own one, and he was actively working towards it.

So long Lawrence - you were the best mate - if I can touch as many lives as you did - my life won't be in vain either.

No one ever heard him say a bad word about anyone, several friends came forward and admitted they were going to suicide before they met Lawrence and he gave them a reason to live. No one ever saw him lose his temper - not ever in his whole life. He was special. Tall, strong, loving and kind.

One of my dreams was to arrange for him to get a ride in a twin turbo SRT10 coming his way. He had no idea. Having been involved in the project I was really looking forward to seeing this beast - but I'd give up my seat in a heartbeat to see the look on Lawrences face had he lived to get that chance.

Maybe your dad can take your place mate - we'll be thinking of you that day and until then. See you on the other side. :2tu:

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prayers to your friend, his family and beloved only son...
I can not imagine out living your children.

Please pass along my condolences...

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barry, really sorry to hear this news. Tried to call you on Friday but the office said you were going to a funeral, and now I know the closeness of this relationship. My prayers to you and their family and may the Lord comfort all of you in your time of grief. Tell the father he'll get that ride or drive whichever he prefers. Hope to see ya next week in Auckland. Hang in there mate and be of some comfort to the family that lost their only son. I just experience the same thing with a dear family from our own church just 2 months ago the man was only 21 years old. The surviving family members need our help so do your best to be there for them. Knowing you I am sure that will be know problem.
Ken

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing that can be said is he is driven his " Red Comp Coupe with silver stripes loven heart out in heaven. Condolences all around...

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the hardest loss to deal with. My sincere condolences and prayers for you, your friend, and his son.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad. The pain of losing someone at the hand of another never goes away. My condolences.

I lost my brother to a drunk driver nearly 22 years ago. I mention it not to hijack your thread but to emphasize the importance of people to be responsible.

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys - really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I'm going to forward a link to this thread later on to Ray and Michele and their daughter Hannah - who survive Lawrence. They are a wonderful family who although having a lot of reason to be angry and bitter - have chosen not to be - but instead simply grieve and celebrate the precious life they shared for the 20 years they had him.

Your comments will mean a lot to them - knowing that the community in which Lawrence wanted so much to be a part of - is a great community - the Viper community.

Much appreciated.

KenVW - look forward to catching up again. You and Ray will get along great - you'll be almost neighbors so it will be an honor to introduce you when we get a chance :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad. The pain of losing someone at the hand of another never goes away. My condolences.

I lost my brother to a drunk driver nearly 22 years ago. I mention it not to hijack your thread but to emphasize the importance of people to be responsible.

real sorry to hear that Chuck - I agree with you - drunk driving causing death totally ***** - it's never fair.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic news.

I know Lawrence is driving a every Viper imaginable somewhere.

My prayers and condolences. It's a shame when bad people take away great people.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My deepest sympathy to the family. How do you bury your child? Our children are suppose to bury us. Worst possible thing a parent can go through. I am so sorry these parents are having to deal with this. May the LORD comfort you and be with you in this tragic time. We will be praying for you.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the family and friends. Remember the good times, and celebrate his life, this is what he would say to you if he could.

Hope they catch the drunk and put him away for a long time.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. There are no words that can adequately describe the feelings of loosing a loved one. I am praying for you and his family.
Doc

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My condolences, very sad. For a kid this good you just know all the Vipers in Heaven are Competition coupes and PMUM is his instructor!

Well said.

My deepest sympathy to his family. He will be in our prayers.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May the Lord bring comfort to family and friends for your loss. It sounds like this young man touched many people's hearts. It is very sad that the Lord called him home so soon.

We'll keep you their family in our prayers.

PHILIP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of this sad incedent. Thanks for sharing it with us all. All too often such victims just become a name, it is good to read of the personal aspects of a tragedy and feel the pain once in a while.

Philip

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad tradedy. Sorry for your loss, and my prayers to all.
That is the one thing that I am not sure I could handle, to lose my Son. I really can't imagine, and it hurts when I think about it!
I only hope he didn't feel any pain and is in Viper Heaven now!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please add my condolences to the others. My our Lord grant them the strength and peace that passes all understanding as they grieve the loss of their son.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deeply sorry Barry,

A situation like this is no doubt a resentment builder that always leaves nothing but asking "***".

Seen this way too many times. :mad:

Prayers for your mate.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque,

I can't imagine how devastating of a loss this is to your friend and his family. I hope and pray for all involved. When my Mother passed away abruptly this year, I can tell you that we focused on the good and great memories. The fun that we had experienced together is forever priceless. The same goes for your friend and his family. Think about or even write down those positive feelings and experiences that you shared as mates and pull em out on a rainy day for a reminder of what a good person that this guy was.

Jay K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno