Battery source for 2016 ACR Extreme

Brian Nilles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Viper folks:

I'm having trouble finding a replacement battery for my 2016 ACR Extreme. I can get close, but it is a very short 5.5" high.

Anybody out there with a great idea on sourcing one???

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5243.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5245.jpg
    IMG_5245.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 6

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Battery group size for Gen V ACR and ACR-X was V4.

Last time I checked, you could get one at MB dealership. Not sure of this, but MB may use these as starter battery only noting there is also a bigger battery in car to run everything else.

T5 came in GTS, SRT, T/A, and GT...and will fit into your car but you would need two small hold down brackets (about $50).

If you track your Viper, consider AGM instead of flooded lead acid. AGM heavy, but will not leak and will last longer. If you are serious enough of a racer to worry about weight, go Lithium iron phosphate. Dou b Shelby Engineering MAY still these.

If you go AGM, Interstate MTZ-48/H6 will fit IF you use the two side brackets mentioned above.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That will work just fine...and you can still use your "cross" bracket.

My local interstate store is great.
They know I will want to see date of manufacture, resting voltage, cold crank, and load test. For tests to be accurate, battery cannot be on a charger for the 30 minutes preceeding the tests.

Before installing battery, I charge new batteries fully in my garage..noting how that process proceeds.