chryslers response to my tator email

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is how they responded to my very professional but poignant email:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the closure of Tators dealership.

We have received and reviewed your email and learning of your
dissatisfaction with the closure of the Tators dealership was
disappointing. Indeed, there are circumstances when a dealership chooses
to close its doors. Because dealers are independently owned and
operated, they are responsible for addressing concerns related to their
sales and service activities, including addressing the concerns of
customers affected by their closure.

Although we unable to provide a more favorable reply, we appreciate you
bringing this matter to my attention. Your feedback will be retained in
our dealer files.

notice how they said "dealership chooses to close it's doors"

this is how they address someone who even stated to them that I currently have a Viper, a pt cruiser, a ram truck and was seriously considering a challenger.
not anymore! my business will go else where.

I also mentioned the reports of the Vipers discontinuation. they failed to say a word about that.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a canned response to the customers of a dealership that is already closed sent out by an unthinking robotic drone. The grammatical error in the following sentence shows just how low a level responded to your email.

Although we unable to provide a more favorable reply, we appreciate you
bringing this matter to my attention.

It should have said: Although we are .........., we appreciate.............to our attention.

The bottom line is that Chrysler's relationship with Chuck is between Chrysler and Chuck and their respective lawyers. I doubt that Chrysler would deem it appropriate to communicate with you in any specific way and it may even be a violation of the franchise agreement with Chuck's entity for them to do so. I think that continuing to show VCA member support is important but do not expect Chrysler to respond to emails other than with canned messages.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Bob, but at least they will hear from us, and that makes an impact. Just like the letter writting campaign enthusiasts launched, that helped convince Chrysler to build the Viper. Their response is not what matters, as much as them just hearing from us, no?

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe this is their form letter reply on this matter. I saw a post on another forum where they sent the same reply to someone else.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Their response is not what matters, as much as them just hearing from us, no?"

My post above agrees with the above.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it was me who first posted the first reply back to me from Chrysler...I'd be interested to see ALL the different names USED AS CUSTOMER REPS!!!! EVERYone had a different name signed to their email back to us!!!! If they have THAT many reps (doubt it, don't think all of them really exist)...then their 'customer service' *****, and Chuck's is EXCELLENT...HE is the one who responds to his customers...and yes, the wording "Dealership Chooses to Close its Doors"??? As I said, ***?????!!!!!
HUHHHH????? WHAT is going on? I think they've decided to go the 'mass' route and just send out 'mass' emails to our queries...though I've written EVERY SINGLE DAY....LOL! (Wonder HOW many emails I'll actually get BACK from them, and all the DIFFERENT Customer Reps working on this? hmmmm....)....juli

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The complaining of a few owners of Chrysler cars, who are ALREADY owners, and may or may not be potential customers, are of no concern to the new private owners of Chrysler, who are already pumping in $7 billion+ to more than likely polish Chrylser for a sale to some foreign company in 3-4 years.

Eliminating dealers who don't pull their weight will make Chrysler more attractive to whomever the potential future buyers of Chrysler are, NOT happy or un-happy emails from Chrysler customers. Cerberus didn't buy Chrysler to make great cars and have satisfied customers, they have other motives that involve a big slice and dice, and making all the numbers look real pretty for someone else down the road.

I see a lot of small companies on here, that get personally involved with things, like Roe or JonB for instance. A big rally and emails would sway a lot of small companies with a reputation into changing their tactics one way or the other. A big greedy mammoth like Cerberus could care less. Unfortunate but true.

If you had a time machine you could help Chuck by going back and buying alot of cars from him.

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The complaining of a few owners of Chrysler cars, who are ALREADY owners, and may or may not be potential customers, are of no concern to the new private owners of Chrysler, who are already pumping in $7 billion+ to more than likely polish Chrylser for a sale to some foreign company in 3-4 years.

Eliminating dealers who don't pull their weight will make Chrysler more attractive to whomever the potential future buyers of Chrysler are, NOT happy or un-happy emails from Chrysler customers. Cerberus didn't buy Chrysler to make great cars and have satisfied customers, they have other motives that involve a big slice and dice, and making all the numbers look real pretty for someone else down the road.

I see a lot of small companies on here, that get personally involved with things, like Roe or JonB for instance. A big rally and emails would sway a lot of small companies with a reputation into changing their tactics one way or the other. A big greedy mammoth like Cerberus could care less. Unfortunate but true.

If you had a time machine you could help Chuck by going back and buying alot of cars from him.
You may sound like an @$$, but you're right. :smirk:

The only thing that can really protect Chuck is for Cerberus to realize a potential public relations DISASTER on a scale which WILL affect the bottom line. A couple hundred mad VCA members don't affect much to them, but a few million of the general public may. And even then, Chuck will only be spared for the short term, while the other small dealers still get screwed. IF Chysler gets chopped and sold... Who knows what the new buyer will do.

The Great One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to post this in another thread until I saw this one. I too got a response. It is pasted below. Any thoughts?

Dear Dimitri:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center regarding the closure of Tator Dodge dealership.

We value the time and effort you took to write your concern to us.

We certainly appreciate you for bringing your overall experiences at Tators Dodge to our attention. Our dealerships are continuously striving to provide complete customer satisfaction. While we are glad to hear of the great customer service that they are providing, many factors are taken into consideration while collaborating with a dealership. These steps are taken to make sure that our customers get the world class and unmatched services.

Innovation has always been a driving force at Chrysler and it drives us towards improvising and changing for the best. You can be rest assured that this change is one of them.

We hope that you understand our views towards making Chrysler the leader not only with regards to our products but also our customer service.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Customer Assistance Center at 800-992-1997 and we will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate you and your business.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Hardy Edwards

Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the e-mail I got back:

Andrew:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding your 2000 Dodge Viper.
We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us. In response
to your email regarding the Tators Dodge, we would like to inform you
that we certainly appreciate you for bringing your overall experiences
at Tators Dodge to our attention. Our dealerships are continuously
striving to provide complete customer satisfaction. While we are glad to
hear of the great customer service that they are providing, there many
factors are that taken into consideration while collaborating with a
dealership. These steps are taken to make sure that our customers get
the world class and unmatched services.
Innovation has always been a driving force at Chrysler and it drives us
towards improvising and changing for the best. You can be rest assured
that this change is one of them.
We hope that you understand our views towards making Chrysler the leader
not only with regards to our products but also our customer service.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer
Assistance Center at 800-992-1997 for an additional discussion.
Thank you for your email and for sharing your concern with us.

The only thing I did not include was the name of the person who sent me this. Seems like they consider Chuck's demise a done deal.

AC

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I figured I send my opinion to Cerberus directly. So on Feb 19th I sent the following e-mail to [email protected]. So far, no reply

Hi,

I am a current 2006 Dodge Viper owner and just want to voice my opinion to upper management at Cerberus on how Chrysler is being perceived by many people in the VIper Community who are probably the most loyal dodge fans on the planet.

Some-one with half a brain needs to get involved here before Chrysler earns a black eye and alienates their customer segment with the highlest level of disposable income.

To net it out, I blieve it is bad business for Chrysler to force Tator's Dodge out of business. He is one of the most respected figures representing Dodge and the Viper to the paying public.

I personally won't buy another Dodge or Chrysler product if Dodge forces Chuck to close his Doge Dealership. I am not a lawyer or anyone really important except that I am a customer and a future potential customer who buys with a concience.

Please review what is brewing in the viper community in the link below. Based on some of the rediculous replys Chrysler is sending to many Viper owners in a number of different threads on viperclub.com, hopefully some-one at Cerberus will do the right thing.

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/611285-updates-chuck.html

Thanks,

Joel

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have now read over thirty responses that you guys got and there is a distinct pattern, either it is my fault for closing :flush: or I don't fit into their master plan??:dunno: AND EVERY Name is different on the responses! :hmmm: :stooges:

CF is NOT looking past their noses! :bonker:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today I got an e-mail from Chrysler asking for a responce on how I thought my e-mail was handled. It was about 10 questions, multiple choice. I answered Honestly, you could imagine. It will be interesting to see how for they take getting back to people on negative replies. I actually do expect another contact from someone. For example, I have had run-ins with VW. Sure enough, any negative responce on my part to any questionaire was always followed up by another contact to me looking into the problem.

Let's see. Has anyone gone further ?

AC

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also received a followup e-mail about how they handled things. needless to say they got a sh***y response from me.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have now read over thirty responses that you guys got and there is a distinct pattern, either it is my fault for closing :flush: or I don't fit into their master plan??:dunno: AND EVERY Name is different on the responses! :hmmm: :stooges:
CF is NOT looking past their noses! :bonker:

That was my point in posting the replies, Chuck!! SHOCK that they would 'insinuate' that YOU CHOSE to close???!!! OHHHH, we didn't know THAT part....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
Andrew: I keep forwarding the responses back and forth, and tell them to put the emails/letters/phone calls ON SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY'S DESK (was gonna say FACE, but kept it professional, as per Chuck)....and I keep getting them back and forth, and yes, the surveys too, every DAY I do this, one from me, one from Mike...so it's a continuous back and forth...to no avail...get same responses...but I continue...I LOVE to be a rebel!
All our support to you, Chuck...and also some of the other smaller dealerships here who have chimed in that THEY ALSO are being flagged for closure. It's the best we can do.
~~~juli
**I got your t-shirt on right now Chuck, and nothing else...so comfy!!**;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....if anyone thinks there's a human being involved in writing these replies at Chrysler you're nuts. I'm tellin' ya...the 'Customer Relationship Management' (CRM) software is putting together these reponses based on keywords in our emails. Dealer + Closure = Closure Respone Email Template. Then it follows up with an automated "How am I doing?" survey. About the only time someone gets involved with these emails is when the CRM software can't match the email to a response template. In that case, the email gets shoved into a queue for manual intervention...along with thousands if not millions of other 'junk' emails. I've installed CRM software at a number of corporations specifically for this purpose. The only thing customer service leaders will look at is survey numbers. If they see a significantly abnormal customer satisfaction rate show up in their performance notes then maybe they'll look at the details. A few hundreds emails and poor customer satisfaction responses from us is nothing more than a pimple on Chrysler's ass. Nobody is going to notice it.

To illustrate my point, I sent another email to Chrysler asking for help in dealing with my 'Burning Sensation when I ***...'. Let's see what the CRM responds with on this one. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL--Tony--yes, we all KNOW that these are just computer-generated emails...my point was I want all that we've sent to be put on a desk of SOMEONE who is in AUTHORITY...not just these pointless automatic respones back to us, then asking us 'how'd we do???????'...AWFUL service for sure. Yes, we are all WELL AWARE of the responses we are getting back that they are NOT from someone actually perusing our emails to them...but keep sending them...DELUGE them...that's my opinion. (LET us know about your 'latest' query/problem~~~~!) ~juli

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I disagree.

I think a person is e-mailing the responces, not that it matters, but I've run into situations with manufacturers and you'd be surprised how real people get involved in answering letters and e-mails. I ran into this with Saturn, and VW, both of whom I approached who I thought was the top guy in each company. After a very short time I was getting calls and call-backs regarding my issue. The same people would keep after my situation and put lots of effort to help me come to a resolution. Even months afterwards, I would be able to reach the same person again if the issure resurfaced.

So I would not be the least bit surprised if a real person is answering these e-mails.

Point is, Chuck might be doomed, but if we stay persistant, our efforts won't be dismissed. Somebody, somewhere in that company is at least pausing and giving some moments of thought to the situation. If you ask me, e-mails are the wrong way to go. WE have to pick up the phone, stay organized and be real pains in the a*ses. Better yet, we need to write and send overnight signiture - requested letters directly to "Mr. Cerberus". Yeah, I know it sounds like a waste of time, but I'm telling you from experience if we went that route, those letters will get read by somone, and they will be handled seriously for fear that it will hit the media. It will give someone over there a headache.

As a matter of fact, when you send the letter, copy it to numerous people and state in the letter specific news programs to which that the letter will later be forwarded by a specific date. This obviously takes time, but it will prove more of an impact than any shirt, or e-mail. So lets see who really wants to step up to the plate, and flood Mr. Snow's office secretary with hundreds of annoying letters that keep coming in day after day after day after day. What a riot ! Word them tactfully, no bad language, but with serious concern and best wishes for Tator Dodge to remain as is.

Try this:

Send to:
John W. Snow, Chairman of Cerberus Capital Management
Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
299 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10171

Also copy or send to:
Stephen A. Feinberg
He is the founder and head of Cerberus Capital Management.
Do a search on this guy. He's no spring chicken.
Feinberg was born in the Bronx, NY. Feinberg is a very private person, and never grants interviews or photographs to the media. (How much would he HATE to get letters from us !!! :smirk: ) Despite his considerable personal wealth (Feinberg reportedly made $50 million in 2004) he does not indulge in luxury.[1] He lives on Manhattan's Upper East Side with his wife Gisela and their three daughters.
His hobbies include game hunting, chess, skiing, and riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Steve and Gisela Feinberg are prolific donors to the Republican Party and related organizations. Former Republican Vice President of the United States Dan Quayle works for Cerberus as Chairman of Global Investments and former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is a client.

:usa:

Go one step further. In the letter, to personalize it more, enclose pics of the Tator BBQ, or pic of the Tator buildings, and show a visual of it's historical value. Send a pic of your car, and explain why you want Tator to remain your service dealership.

There is lots that could be done.

Whats' the worse that could happen ? We each waste about an hour of our time ? Chuck hasn't done that for us many times over ? I've just spent and hour on this post.

AC

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone on the east coast get in your cars and park right in front of that building.

Hold up signs that say "SAVE TATOR'S DODGE DEALERSHIP", or "MY VIPER IS ALIVE BECAUSE OF DODGE AND CHUCK TATOR!"

A couple dozen or a hundred shiny viper's sitting in front of that building with a crowd around them WILL make a buzz.

Writing letters and "e-complaining" does nothing.

I once had a MAJOR problem with a dealer.

I parked my car RIGHT in front of their dealership, on PUBLIC property holding up a sign saying DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE OR GET SERVICE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP. SEE ME FOR DETAILS

When I started to have dozens of folks stop and ask me questions, and detract from sales, etc not to mention get people to LEAVE the dealership MID SALE to ask me a question, you BET my problem was solved IMMEDIATELY.

LOL

Emails are invisible, PR is PR and that is exactly what these stupid canned responses to you all are. Trying to keep it UNDER THE carpet.

People need to do things in REAL time, real life, in MASS QUANTITIES.

Elevate this to the problems we have in this country.

Immigrants
Gas prices
Etc

If one million people in Los Angeles BOYCOTTED work for ONE DAY to demonstrate AGAINST illegal immigrants, don't you think something MAJOR would happen? A concerted, EFFORT, with a tangible goal with MANY people working together will make a difference.

Faceless, easy emails unfortunately won't do anything.

Think about what JUST ONE HUNDRED Vipers parked in front of that ****** corporation's HQ with a bunch of disgruntled owners protesting legally would do.

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler heard how unhappy we were with emails, t-shirts and phone calls maby its a good idea to let them know how happy we are that they did the right thing. My email is going tonight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno