custom colors

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for picturse of unusual or non factory paint jobs on vipers, I just bought a blue '08 because I couldn't decide what color to order :omg: since they aren't offering yellow. I am thinking about painting a lighter color but I can't decide. Any thoughts?:dunno:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for picturse of unusual or non factory paint jobs on vipers, I just bought a blue '08 because I couldn't decide what color to order :omg: since they aren't offering yellow. I am thinking about painting a lighter color but I can't decide. Any thoughts?:dunno:

Prefix is a company that actually does the stripes on the factory Vipers. They have a "One of One" program that will customize your Viper's paint, interior, etc. Painting your car Viper yellow shouldn't be a problem.

/Rich

V

Venomiss

Yellow? Did someone mention yellow?
Be sure to check out the snakeskin stripes.....

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix is a company that actually does the stripes on the factory Vipers. They have a "One of One" program that will customize your Viper's paint, interior, etc. Painting your car Viper yellow shouldn't be a problem.

/Rich

I might mention that one reason I felt so hopeless about deciding on a factory color is I hate the factory stripes. The raised edge on the end of the hood makes it just unbearable to me. The is actually a shop localy in Vegas that does a great paint and stripe job. a few members of our region have had their cars painted by him before and they are about the best stripes I have ever seen. I just can't decide on a base color. Yellow seems like the obvious choice, but I thought there might be another color that looks good on the viper.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why are they not making yellow in 08? When are they making it again? Oh and by the way I'm sure a good custom paint job costs 10grand or more.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do the Prefix car in the 1 of 1 program I am also pretty darn sure you can get them to clear over the whole car and "bury" the stipes. It is an Ala' Carte menu.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you do the Prefix car in the 1 of 1 program I am also pretty darn sure you can get them to clear over the whole car and "bury" the stipes. It is an Ala' Carte menu.

Per our tour guide at Prefix during the Detroit Dream weekend: the raised stripes are mandated by Dodge as a cost savings, when Prefix does custom work, they do additional clear coat to bury the stripes in the finish and do not even offer raised stripes as an option. They don't want any of their custom work to be seen as second rate.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what i was told the couple of times i was out at Prefix also that the process they use on factory cars is decided by Dodge(cost), not by what is the best way to do it.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, when I spoke with Ron Batt at Prefix a little over a year ago, he estimated that a custom paint job would be in the $8,000-10,000 range.

/Rich

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In keeping with the snake and jungle theme, colors are going to be:

Monkey Mango
Elephant Brown
Fang White
Frog Belly Green

Forum statistics

Threads
Members