do you know this Copperhead/Dealership?

Kroger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have been fumbling around the idea of selling my 96GTS for a GenIII and came across this copperhead that is listed for sale by a dealer in chicago area. Windy City Motors.

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 300276605058 end time Dec-17-08 16:49:09 PST)

I wanted to know if anybody knows the previous owner or has information regarding this specific copperhead. I find myself a bit skeptical since they typically have been going for mid-low 50's but then again it could be a sign of the times...

Reply here or PM would be greatly apprectiated as I could not post this in the Illiniois form as i am not a VCA member.

Michael

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kroger: If you are a Viper Owner, why haven't you PM'd your VIN# to the moderators to upgrade yourself?!! And, heck you're in a great area for events, why not join the VCA? Be glad to have ya!
~juli

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I looked at a few cars they had for sale. One of their sales guys told me they buy their cars based on the lease return condition reports rather than attending the auctions. He also said most buyers aren't that picky and expect some nicks and scrapes. I decided it wasn't worth the trip to see the cars. Good luck.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interested in this thread also, they have a couple of nice looking vipers for sale on that site. OK, any viper on any site looks good to me.

OP
OP
K

Kroger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys

M&J - Work and my house gut remodel has taken over 90% of all my freetime this year. I will be signing up next year. My family used to be VCA members back in the early 90's as well I remember going to one back in 97 down in orlando. I'll send my vin # to a mod.

DPV - Where abouts in the Indianapolis area do you live? I live in broadripple.

Yes the copperhead and the 06 VOI 9 have my interest. I probably will not be up in the chicago area until after the new year but can give some feedback.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHHHH, you see Michael...you have been 'upgraded' already~!!! VERY cool! I hear ya on not having much free-time. Good luck on your search for the Copperhead Viper! ~juli

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm not sure about this car, but someone has been asking what we thought he should offer the leasing agent for his buyout...he then brought up values based on what the latest gen 3's sold for at manheim...and there is a striking similarity for this vehicle in his listing from manheim.

i don't know if it is the same, but how may copperheads (with 21000 miles)are selling at manheim at the same time one shows up at this dealership...and they told DPViper they don't buy from auctions...seems pretty fishy too me.

i don't know if i would buy a viper that was purchased at auction...you don't really what you are getting that way!

does this show up on carfax...run it and if it shows up and they don't tell you they bought it by auction...stear clear of that dealership!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno