factory technical bulletins

IronClad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is a repository of the factory Viper Technical Bulletins? Im about to pull my viper out of storage and id like to see if the engine tick, is related to a factory warning about aftermarket flywheels being installed without proper grade 8 bolts. Anyone know where the TBS (TSB?) might be at?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"Technical service bulletins (TSBs) can be found on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website. TSBs are free to look up on the site and can be a good starting point for finding information about significant problems that may affect your vehicle.
To find a TSB on the NHTSA website, you can:
Go to the NHTSA website
Select Recalls | Vehicle on the home page
Enter your vehicle's 17-character vehicle identification number (VIN)
Enter your vehicle's year, make, and model
Select the Manufacturer Communications tab
Sort the communications by problem type
You can find your VIN on your auto insurance card, the lower left of your car's windshield, or your DMV registration card. Some sites may only show a summary of the TSB, while others may provide the entire bulletin.
TSBs are different from recalls, which only apply to safety- or emissions-related problems. If your car is under warranty, the manufacturer may cover the cost of the TSB repair. If not, you'll be responsible for the repair costs. "

OP
OP
IronClad

IronClad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be using the wrong wordage/phrase TSB may not be the name. What Im thinking of was/is a bit of factory documentation that covered technical issues that were delivered to mechanics in the field, not national highway documentation. Specifically my car has a tick, and I met a factory Viper tech and he noted there was a "tsb" (or whatever it was called) that stated mechanics should watch out for aftermarket flywheels being installed with non grade 8 bolts, and that combination would often create a sound similar to a lifter tick.