FYI - O2 sensor wire extensions no longer avail from DC Performance

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relocating my rear sensors on my GTS to the turnouts - converting to side exhaust - and the wires no longer reach.

DC just told me they can still get front sensors with longer wires built in, but not wire extensions for the rear any more.

Was told that as long as I splice the wires on the car side of the harness I'll be OK.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relocating my rear sensors on my GTS to the turnouts - converting to side exhaust - and the wires no longer reach.

DC just told me they can still get front sensors with longer wires built in, but not wire extensions for the rear any more.

Was told that as long as I splice the wires on the car side of the harness I'll be OK.

Caspers Electronics make these extensions and at one point had them specifically for the Viper. Casper's Electronics, Inc.: Viper 1992-2006

Maybe this fits? Caspers Electronics 109016 - Caspers Electronics Oxygen Sensor Extension Harnesses - summitracing.com

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caspers Electronics make these extensions and at one point had them specifically for the Viper. Casper's Electronics, Inc.: Viper 1992-2006

Maybe this fits? Caspers Electronics 109016 - Caspers Electronics Oxygen Sensor Extension Harnesses - summitracing.com

Great find V'T. I remember some posting in the past about Casper, and the connectors were wrong. I'll check this out though.

I wired aircraft in the Marines so a little Viper splicing does not scare me, but plug-n-play means more quality drinking time! :D

Thanks Dude! :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, how did you make with the O2 extensions? I bet you made your own.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, how did you make with the O2 extensions? I bet you made your own.

Decided not to go the Casper route as I remember a post once about the connectors being wrong - return hassles etc.

So I spliced into the car side of the connector as instructed. Had to order some 1/4" plastic loom which I now have, plus my xmas tree mount type cable ties to anchor everything, and will maybe get some pics of the final install tonight.

New Autoform side sills went to the paint shop Tuesday... :bounce:

PROBLEM...

You must be registered for see images

SOLUTION...

SWEET WAY TO ROUTE WIRES...

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at all that filth!

LOL

Yeah... I got that crumbly stuff all in my teeth and hair! I have been doing some cleanup underneath, but need to make a project out of it. Maybe during the summer "too hot to drive" spell. :lmao:

Got the sensor wiring done. From wiring AV8's to Vipers, I can make it look descent.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good......
Did some on a SRT Ram but i cut the O2 side so i could leave the factory harness alone.....
Where did you get them ties from?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno