Good Emunds Test

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inside Line Executive Editor Michael Jordan says:
We were there in 1990 when Chrysler rented a warehouse to introduce the first production prototype of the Dodge Viper. It was not far from the original Shelby American shop on Princeton Avenue in Venice, California, and Chrysler had hired up everybody with any connection to the Shelby Cobra (from Carroll Shelby to Dan Gurney) to give the Viper a sense of historic importance. We seem to remember fog machines, too. It was the silliest, most transparent public relations exercise ever.

But now that almost 25,000 Vipers have rolled off the production line since 1992, you have to say this car has lived up to every promise it made. Like the Cobra, it's an amazing, one-of-a-kind piece. Like the Cobra, it went to Europe and won races with American technology. And like the Cobra, the Viper is a total menace to drive.

Just like a Cobra, the Viper makes us feel like we're going to crash any second. Sure, this thing might seem rational on a racetrack, but it's a different thing in a world with telephone poles, big trees, mailboxes and curbs. You can't help lighting up the rear tires, and then they stay lit for so long that you get spooked waiting for them to hook up again. The Viper totally terrorizes you, and it's no wonder women weep, kids shout and dogs bark.

The 2008 Dodge Viper makes you fear for your life every second. It's terrific. Maybe they could make flames shoot out of the exhaust, too.

Now that's the write up I've been waiting for!!!

Here's the link to the road test article

Full Test: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe

Ted

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great article, I need a 2008 ACR :drive: now if Dodge Canada will bring the prices down to where they should be, list for the same car tested on Edmunds in Canada $101,000 Can. :mad:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And if you buy it in the states Daimler will cancel the warranty, like they did on mine? They said, "We're trying to discourage cross border shopping.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd