Hot in Texas... What's your summer mod list?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse mounts... DONE :2tu:

Side exhaust... GOING GREAT :cool:

Am I the only one working on my car right now? :dunno:

I pulled out the backup Viper today though. Four cylinders, 93 octane, 9 mpg. And louder than any V10.

WAY BAD in surgery...

You must be registered for see images

WAY FUN called to duty...

You must be registered for see images

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of my nitrous stuff is in and getting installed right this very moment. Wood house mounts, wide band, BBDave's tranny mount are all waiting to be installed also. Making my own seat 2" seat lowering mounts, and looking to buy the roe front facia cooling duct.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, no work planned on vehicles this year, Dave....we are having too much fun watching YOUR work!
That just looks like TOO much fun!!! (Your "WAY FUN" dude-dune buggy~~WOWSA...always love that 'extra' tire there!) Have fun, Dave...we are watching........................you.................. ~juli

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's getting hot in FL also. Your not the only one working on your car. I just took out my tranny for a rebuild. While I'm there I am replacing the clutch, flywheel, and mounts. Ahhh isn't this fun :2tu:

Can't wait to get 'er done :drive:

:usa:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just had Woodhouse Poly Engine Mounts installed.

Otherwise, I've got an X-Metal Throttle Body sitting here. Still debating whether or not I'm going to install it or sell it.:dunno:

Also attempted my own smooth-tube install yesterday, but the silicone tube turned out to be about 1.5" too short. Gotta shop around some more...

As for Summer - I h-a-t-e working on cars in the Summer heat and humidity!:nono:
Either do it now (Spring), or wait until Fall.;)

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did all my modding last year. (had the motor rebuilt and took the time to clean every inch of her top to bottem... just driving this season

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive.:drive:

Top down is the only mod I do.:D

I would hate having the car sitting in the garage after the long winter.

P.S.: have to admit that I got new PS2's and StarTech suspension recently and that the cars speed during corners makes me feel WOOOOOW...
I do hope nothing else will break due to the very high cornering forces!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interior:
Alpine iDA-X100 Digital Media Receiver*
Alpine CHA-S634 6 Disk CD/MP3 Changer*
Alpine PDX-1.1000 1-Channel Car Audio Amplifier*
Alpine PDX-4.150 4-Channel Car Audio Amplifier*
Boston Acoustics Pro60 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Audio Component Speaker System(2)*
Boston Acoustics G510-4 10" 450 Watts Car Audio Subwoofer(2)*
****** Passport 9500i Blue Hard-wired by mirror mount*

Done
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exhaust:

Corsa Catback Exhaust
Random Tech Hi-Flow Cats
Intake:
K+N Dual FIPK

Will be installed on May 12th
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next on list....
CCW 505a wheels
Belanger Headers
Roller Rockers

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car is at DC performance getting mods done since I cant drive it now anyway. Here is what is getting done.

2008 Fiberglass Hood w/ screens
Green Filters
Dave's Underdrive Pulley Kit
Corsa Track Exhaust with RT High flow cats
170 degree Thermostat
Tranny Mount
Eibach lowering Springs
Rear Shocks replaced
1 Step colder Spark Plugs
Add Additional 10lb Nitrous Bottle
Install 2 Remote bottle openers

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So let me get this straight Dave.... it is getting too hot down there?:omg: HHMMMM it is a lovely 70 degrees or so here in the midwest:D... never too hot this time of year. Seems karma is catching up with you,:lmao: what with giving us crap all winter about having the perfect driving region down there. Karma... its a B&$%# aint it?:D:D:D:D

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight Dave.... it is getting too hot down there?:omg: HHMMMM it is a lovely 70 degrees or so here in the midwest:D..

Not sure about dallas, but I know houston is saying up to 94 degrees this weeekend.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, so let me get this right. 100 degrees is hot right? Wow I wish that it would only get 100 degrees down here in the summer, that would be a nice cool day. I really need to get out of this country

V

Venomiss

Watch Super Dave with all his mods with pictures hopefully.
Take our car to our KC VP for regular maintenance stuff.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little hot in Austin...

Summer mods...Roe Fan Kit, possible front fascia repaint...saving for Jeff's Hard Top...and new rear tires.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight Dave.... it is getting too hot down there?:omg: HHMMMM it is a lovely 70 degrees or so here in the midwest:D... never too hot this time of year. Seems karma is catching up with you,:lmao: what with giving us crap all winter about having the perfect driving region down there. Karma... its a B&$%# aint it?:D:D:D:D

Yes, I was fully prepared that all the thrashing us folks in the warmer climates give you folks in the colder climates, would be returned. Until what, August, when you'll have ice and salt on the roads again? :dunno:

:lmao:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, the way your Viper is perched up on the stands, it looks scary - be careful not to bump it!

Scary?

Two brand name (no Damn Yankee approved Harbor Freight stands:D) stands placed on flat even solid concrete centered on the frame.

Front wheels supported at road stance width on custom wheel stands I made.

Very solid.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I was fully prepared that all the thrashing us folks in the warmer climates give you folks in the colder climates, would be returned. Until what, August, when you'll have ice and salt on the roads again? :dunno:

:lmao:

Well, more like November here in Iowa.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno