I feel so ordinary

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After starting fits of jealous rage, stopping traffic to get pictures taken, having beautiful women scream at me how much they love my car, it finally happened--- nothing!!

I had to spend the weekend driving to the other coast of Florida for some family issues (those of you with elderly parents that live alone and are in poor health can relate). about 4 hours or so each way. mostly back roads and cow pastures (and bugs) but my destination, vero beach, is amicable enough.

so I got back home last night and realized NOTHING WEIRD happened for the 1st time in a year of ownership.

every time I have had my car out, and I do mean every time, at least one person would stop me, or a pretty girl would yell something, somebody would want a photo, something.

this weekend not one person said or did anything.

just driving the viper made a bad situation seem almost tolerable.
if you have an elderly parent or parents and you basically are taking care of them from a distance, you know what I mean. I got one of those calls and had to leave fairly quickly.
nothing gets your mind off your troubles and forces you to concentrate on the task at hand like driving a Viper.makes a long drive livable.

it's not a total wash though.
when I went to work today I found out my biggest customer went out and bought a brand new velocity yellow vette. i happened to drive the viper today and parked right next to him in the lot not knowing he had bought a car or was even looking to.

after finding about his new ride, we went outside to check it out and a group of nurses were ogling the cars. so we walk over, start talking to them and one says "the yellow one is pretty but the black one is ****" take me for a quick ride!!

now he's "but my car only has 150 miles it's brand new" and I said my car is a 2000. she looks at them both and says "ya but its so ****".
so we took off for a quick cruise by the beach and when we got back he looks me right in the face and says " so, you say the new ones have 600 hp huh".

I wonder if he is already thinking trade in.
so now it's back to the boring everyday life of a viper driver.

the only thing I have to look forward to is my Saturday night date with my new ******* friend who for some reason thought she needed them (I don't think she did) and had a boob job done on Monday. I haven't seen her yet so it should be interesting how the new bodywork came out.
can you improve on perfection?

life with a viper is so damn ordinary......

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great story! A friend of mine in our tuesday night 5 & Diner cruise-in (for more than 7 years now), bought a new ZO6, (Black on Black) and would park next to my 05 Comm. Edition with sidewinder wheels, and an S/C. People would walk right by his car and look at the Viper. It finally got his goat and he traded it in for a Ford GT! Nice car! However, he took it in for service last week and the tech took it for a "test drive" and totaled it! Same thing happened to my S/C'd 94 almost 1 year ago to the day! Maybe we shouldn't do the 5 & Diner cruise-ins any longer!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your stories are awesome... We need to get together and drive the strip sometime. I'm in Jax with another VCA member, skeetatcha. Not sure how far it is from ya, we should meet halfway. Anyway, I look forward to you next fiasco story.

:usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now he's "but my car only has 150 miles it's brand new"

My gawd, is that the new Vette people's way of beating Vipers? Comparing mileage? I don't know to laugh or cry that some people can be so clueless (please any Vette owners share us the soapbox ride of "can't we all just get along and sing campfire songs while holding hands"). Besides, some Viper guys never drive their Vipers anyway...we've even got the Chebby boys beat in that category. 81k on mine by the way :D

the only thing I have to look forward to is my Saturday night date with my new ******* friend who for some reason thought she needed them (I don't think she did) and had a boob job done on Monday. I haven't seen her yet so it should be interesting how the new bodywork came out.

OK, you ripped us off on never getting pics of the Lexus girl...if we don't get pics of the ******* girl and her new bolt-ons, I'm personally tearing your VCA card up :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno