importing a viper rt from US to Canada

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi guys.I sold my 2000 rt but might get another 1 with lower miles. I know this has been posted before.

I want opinions only from ONTARIO guys bringing their car across the Ambassador Bridge (Windsor/Detriot). How easy are they on you when you drive it across? I know the dealer has to fax them the title and recall letter 72 hours prior to bringing it over (US SIDE). I plan on picking it up and driving it home.

I KNOW THE TAXES ETC.. BUT iM WONDERING WHEN YOU ACTUALLY DRIVE IT THROUGH.. THEY GIVE YOU A HARD TIME? Do they search/tear the car up looking around etc..? plmk asap. thanks! Kevin in Windsor.

AND FOR CAR INSURANCE.... I KNOW YOU CANT GET A TRIP PERMIT,BUT CAN YOU GET INSURANCE ON THE CAR before BUYING IT/BRINGING IT OVER? CAN I USE MY OLD VIPER PLATES ON THE NEW ONE IF ITS INSURED?:drive:

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh and can you drive a car back from the US to Canada right after you buy it at the dealership? You just need the insurance and ownership,right? You get the insurance on it before you pick it up,correct?