Interesting 2008 vs z06 video

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I'd say he absolutely gets it. Two great cars, but only one's primal.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great review that has been a round for some time now but never gets old.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally a review about what a sports car is suppose to be and not all the other BS like trunk space, etc. "Cupholders and trunk space fall into the "who cares" category."

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end I do not care which car is better, as long as the information is accurate and concise with no sponsor leaning towards a payoff to make their car look better. The article does lean a little bit towards the Viper but it does seem to be right on. Being a new Viper owner I have to agree with everything they stated about how raw this car is. THAT is why I bought this car. I am not looking for a Rolls Royce that handles. I like that the Viper. It is very simple and has an unrefined ride quality to it.

Bruce

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"In the limitless world of instrumented testing, the Viper bettered the Corvette at every opportunity. Its 11.8-second quarter-mile time and 3.7-second 0-60-mph sprint are just plain ridiculous. And its 125 mph trap speed is the fastest we've ever recorded for any car in the quarter-mile."

"At 74.3 mph, the Viper is among the three fastest cars we've ever driven through the slalom — an impressive feat for a car this large"

"At 70.8 mph through the slalom and 0.93g on the skid pad, the Z06 isn't really in the same league as the Viper"

"Bottom line: These are very different cars. And the easy and obvious conclusion is this: If you want a daily driver, buy the Vette. If you want the ultimate thrill, buy the Viper."