Is the 09 Viper the last one?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a new ACR, but I need to know if it's a done deal. Any thoughts?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, here is my thought:

You must be registered for see images

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a new ACR, but I need to know if it's a done deal. Any thoughts?

You probably know about as well as the rest of us out here... I've talked/emailed to five different people over the past couple of days and heard five different things.

The fact that Dodge cancelled all the Viper orders that haven't gotten onto the assembly line would seem to any reasonable person to mean that they don't plan to make them under their name anymore. Or, it could mean that a bankruptcy judge told them to so that the proceedings are cleaner. Or, it could be because a new buyer is about to take over and it's a condition of the deal. Or, ....?

If I didn't have one on the assembly line and waiting to get built, I'd be looking hard at the ACRs out there. I really don't think they're going to get any cheaper - the reverse seems much more likely.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone one know how many 09s have been built so far?...I keep reading on these forums that some are still in build status - sitting at the plant - of which two are on Ebay....

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will go out on a limb and say that the 09 Viper is the last Dodge Viper. The June 8th deadline for an agreement with a third party purchaser set forth in the bankruptcy data is rapidly approaching. If the third party transaction does not transpire, I think Viper production will not be reactivated by the new Chrysler. Why? Because of a number of factors including the fact that Fiat owns Ferrari. I hope that a deal closes soon. Herb's posts indicate that a lighter, meaner looking, faster snake has already taken form in the minds of those who would be the synthesis team at the NEW Viper Enterprise. A very exciting prospect.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone one know how many 09s have been built so far?...I keep reading on these forums that some are still in build status - sitting at the plant - of which two are on Ebay....

I was trying to figure that one out, too, and the closest 'guess' is that about 400 have been built or are on the assembly line. That SSG one you see on EBay most likely is dead, by the way. They did a run of SSG cars earlier, and haven't gotten to the run of them that the EBay car was supposed to be in. The Yellow one, though, is a sure thing. I believe cars had to at least be in Framing (E-status) for them to be completed - if they're not at least in Framing, the orders got cancelled out of the system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy