Meaning of GTS designation?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 9 y/o asked me if the "GTS" designation stands for anything or means anything in particular. Like SS means super sport, SRT means Street & Racing Technology, etc......

Anyone know?

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEP, leave it to V10:rolleyes: :lmao:

Well, hey, I got a reputation to uphold :D

Ever get any of those models at the clubs to remove their tops for pics in front of the McViper?

Nope, did have one sit in it though for a photo. Me and a friend were outside one of the clubs in FL and one of the girls were waiting on her bf to come pick her up. She saw the car and starting saying how **** it was and asked if she could take a pic of it with her camera phone. I said sure and offered to take one of her in it (I dont wanna be snobby and only allow ******* girls in it :D ) I took the photo and she said "ok, I better get out before my bf gets here". My friend was like "she's a stripper and she's afraid of her bf seeing her in someone's car? What does he think she does here??" LOL

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since it's made in the US (and some parts made in Canada) the english is Grand Touring Sport. It's designed for Grand/long Touring/high speed Sports/Racing. Add the R as in GTSR and it's got factory racing modifications.

Ted

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 9 y/o asked me if the "GTS" designation stands for anything or means anything in particular. Like SS means super sport, SRT means Street & Racing Technology, etc......

Anyone know?
Yes, The GTS is for: Grand Touring Super and was used as a class in the ALMS until it changed to GT 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd