Mobil 1 Special at Advanced Auto

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I am 99% sure that none of our site sponsors make a living selling Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 filters, so I figured I would give a heads up to everybody: Advanced Auto is offering five quarts of Mobil 1 plus a Mobil 1 oil filter for $29.88. Figuring that Mobil 1 is generally around $6.50 a quart and the filters around $10, that is a pretty good deal. Of course you will end up with an extra filter when you buy 10 quarts for your Viper (depending on your year - check your owner's manual to determine exact capacity for your car), but it will be nice to have when they aren't on sale any more. :2tu:

Sorry this doesn't help you folks on the west coast, but hopefully it should help a few in the midwest and east. We got the oil changed on all of our cars today - all Mobil 1 of course. Oh yeah, and this sale goes until November 1st, so you have plenty of time to stock up!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out about this just after buying two six-pack boxes of oil, to the tune of $85, and I didn't get a filter!!! Ugh.

Thanks for the heads up. I may go stock up.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! My DD needs an oil change soon so this is a total score.

Any specific filter needed? And I have no manual yet for my 95, what weight of oil is needed?

Thanks,
Stretch

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2 sets. Oil 10W-30 and filter was M1-204 for my GenII.

Thanks for the pointer to this deal!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
West coasters can check out Costco- there is a $5 coupon in the latest book, or go to Wall-Mart- either way it's about $28 (6 qts at Costco, 5 at WallMart) but you still need to get the filter!
PBR

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 dollars off in the Costco coupon offer I got; Good until October 26th.....they allow two cases

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Stretch, I have serviced ALL of our Vipers (Gen I thru III) for several years using the Mobil M1-204 filters (formerly listed for Vipers in the Mopar Performance Catalogs a few years back) without any problems at all...and have used oil analysis (UAO) on each change to doccument same.

That said, there have been a few issues reported on the above Mobil filters (one case rupture, question of bypass problems, etc)...all of which can be "searched"...such as:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/610238-gen-3-oil-change-tips-2.html

The most recent recommendation on oil filters for Gen I, II, and III Vipers is the MOPAR #5037836AA...a white filter that is pre-oiled. I have been using them for the past two seasons. Note:THIS FILTER WILL NOT FIT GEN IV Vipers.

If you want a few Mobil M1-204's, a K&N, a couple of older Mopar filters...contact me and come to the Dyno Day Saturday !!!! :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, thanks for the info! I will be sure to do more searching this fall / winter on everything I can on this thing so I can properly maintain her.

I saw the info on the dyno day but don't think I will be able to make it up there this weekend. The wife has plans for us in Lexington on Saturday which is in the opposite direction.

I should be getting my VCA # this week though and I'm excited to attend events in the future!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have let my oil reserves go low hoping these deals would return. Thanks for the heads up. Our Advance Auto also takes used oil, so now I can multi-task and get rid of the three 5-gallon containers I have.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great post and good savings, and Steve in Indy gave all the new , 2008 owners great advice ---- Advanced does not have the new filters, and in some cases Auto Stores are telling Viper owners the filters fit, and they do not. The filter for the 08s is definitely different, and was specifically designed for the car. We carry some in stock , all the time, but it might be advisable to get a few from your local Dealer or ask them to carry some in stock -- most will not have said filter in their parts inventory.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton:drive:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Stretch, if you have already contacted National VCA HDQ to join, PLEASE send me your contact info and I'll get you enrolled in the IN/KY Region now...and I'll send you some catch-up info plus our 2007 & 2008 Membership directories which are quite helpful in hooking up with Viper owners CLOSE to you!!

[email protected]

In may (likely WILL) be months before HDQ sends us your name!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time Advanced Auto had this deal it was $25 including the filter. I should have bought 6 sets then :(

Our local WalMart had Mobil 0w-40 for $5.50 a quart. When I got there, there was one quart left on the shelf. :mad:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

I scored (2) 6-packs today, and since they were sold out of filters for her Jaguar, I picked up a pair of filters for my buddy's Hemi truck.
Already got them boxed up and wrapped, ready for X-mas.
:D :D :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got luckier than I did. The one I went to had 9 quarts of 10W-30. And they had no quarts of 5W-30 that I needed for my daily driver. Not cool.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Costco has a special $9 off a case of Mobil 5w-30/10w-30. The coupon is good for 2 cases (12 quarts). It ended up costing me $3.51 per quart! :headbang: The offer expires 10/26. FYI. If you have this Costco coupon and don't plan on using it, send it my way. :D

V

Venomiss

Since this sale goes until November 1st there is still time to get a good deal on oil.

Just in time for those end of season oil changes.