My new Ligenfelter motor :)

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As some of you guys know, I genaded my supercharged motor in my 2006 SRT10 Coupe. I was contemplating having it rebuilt with all the goodies, ie pistons, rods, ect, ect. Then I came across this motor on Ebay. Evidently the guy had it built and then went bankrupt and lost this engine and both of his Ligenfelter Corvettes. So I bid on it and won!!!
Here are the specs:

Dodge Viper aluminum V10 block - blueprinted
Moldex 4340 billet steel crankshaft - 4.250" stroke
Oliver 4340 billet steel connecting rods 6.250"
Lingenfelter billet steel main caps / ARP main studs
Mahle forged aluminum pistons 4.030" diameter
Total Seal file fit piston rings
Lingenfelter CNC ported Viper cylinder heads
2.02 Stainless steel one piece intake valves
1.60 Inconnel one piece exhaust valves
Competition Cams custom roller camshaft for turbo application
Competition Cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers, 10 degree valve retainer locks
Competition Cams HD .080" wall pushrods
T&D aluminum shaft mount roller rocker arms - 1.7 ratio

8.2: 1 compression
Machine Work
Crankshaft journals are align honed
Cylinders are bored on a Rottler F65 3 axis CNC
Cylinders are honed on a Rottler HP6 with torque plates
Block deck surfaces machined on a Rottle F65 3 axis CNC
Blocks are hand de-burred, bolt holes are checked & re-tapped
Lingenfelter CNC ported cylinder heads
Precision multi angle valve job
CC checking chamber size for correct compression
Surfacing to insure deck flatness
Set spring height, retainer to guide clearance & assembly
All internal parts are de-burred, hand washed and inspected Pistons, pins and connecting rods are pin fit to specification Crankshafts are computer balanced to within .5 grams or less, oil holes chamfered, bearing surfaces micro polished

Lingenfelter blueprint and assembly
Includes verification of LPE specifications of: cylinder bore diameter, cylinder wall taper, piston diameter, deck height of block, bearing clearances, crankshaft end play, piston to valve clearance, bolt torque specifications, lifter bore diameter, piston skirt taper, piston to wall clearance, piston ring end gap, rod side clearance, valve adjustment, degreeing the camshaft, correct oil pressure during priming

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds great but id have a reputable tuner go thru it to verify and make sure before putting it in the car. but thats just me

congrats !!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That auction ended at $15,600.00 Congrats! What plum said, have a reputable tuner for through it.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds great but id have a reputable tuner go thru it to verify and make sure before putting it in the car. but thats just me

congrats !!!

Well considering it's coming directly from Ligenfelter and not a 2nd party, do you think that's needed? Lingenfelter is a very reputable shop.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they giving you a warranty on the engine? The acution shows "reserve not met". Were you the high bidder and he decided to sell it to you? :confused:

What are you going to do with your original engine? Rebulid it for the "just-in-case" possiblilty?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat out you got yourself an engine with some of the best possible parts out there assembled by a GREAT TUNING shop.Best of luck hope, our talk helped.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat out you got yourself an engine with some of the best possible parts out there assembled by a GREAT TUNING shop.Best of luck hope, our talk helped.

Definatley did. Thanks for the knowledge. :)

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they giving you a warranty on the engine? The acution shows "reserve not met". Were you the high bidder and he decided to sell it to you? :confused:

What are you going to do with your original engine? Rebulid it for the "just-in-case" possiblilty?

Actually I'm going to sell my original engine as is. I have a few people interested in it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its coming directly from lingenfelter it would be different. i didnt realize that fact. sorry.

i do trust them.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a smokn buy if its never been installed,be careful with that monster,its a handful..

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like this is it:

Viper 540 CID

RT/10, GT2, GT2 & ACR
10.22 @ 135.5 MPH
2.9 seconds 0-60
725 HP / 740 lbs-ft torque

Lingenfelter Dodge Viper 540 CID Engine Package 725 HP 1996-2001

Keep in mind that motor is for a Gen 2 and is normally aspirated. The motor I bought is for a Gen 3 and is built with supercharging in mind. I still only plan to put "stock" boost through it which is 6lbs-8lbs, and not go overboard. Even with that boost Tim at Lingenfelter says it should make at least 750hp to the wheels.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that motor is for a Gen 2 and is normally aspirated. The motor I bought is for a Gen 3 and is built with supercharging in mind. I still only plan to put "stock" boost through it which is 6lbs-8lbs, and not go overboard. Even with that boost Tim at Lingenfelter says it should make at least 750hp to the wheels.

Actually, per your post, the motor was built for a turbo application. Here is the language:

"Competition Cams custom roller camshaft for turbo application".

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, per your post, the motor was built for a turbo application. Here is the language:

"Competition Cams custom roller camshaft for turbo application".

Yes that's what they listed it their ad, but they also had in the intro to the ad that it was built for turbo/supercharger. Tim says that it will work great for either, and since the Paxton Novi is a centrifugal super charger and not a positive displacement or "roots" type blower it's basically a belt driven turbo.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice... Wish you were in the tampa area... my motor should be done next week and the turbos with everything else should be on beginning of January....

THat would be fun to run against...

Good luck with the setup..

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy