Need a tool,. I'm so Pis*sed !!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking off my front calipers. I have '03 front on my gen II. As some of you know, the bolts have a torx head with and alen - hex center. I need the correct socket to fit that bolt head. I tried just removing it with the allen center, no luck, almost stripped the center. I don't have the torx size, can't find the size anywhere, and for some unknown God Forsaken &*()^$&#%&%^T*&*(^* Reason, EVERY TIME I ASK SOMEONE IN A TOOL STORE IF THEY HAVE TORX SOCKETS SETS, THEY HAND ME TORX BITS !!!!!!! AM I TALKING ANOTHER ******** F-***G LANGUAGE ?????????

SO please, BEFORE I POP A VEIN IN MY NECK AND DROP DEAD ON THE FLOOR, anyone know what tool this is, what size, so I can order it or pick it up ??? I would like a set, where to get it !!!

Thanks,

Andrew

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andrew,

All you had to do was pick up the phone:omg:

The 12MM bolts are 10MM allen head socket heads (a allen head with a socket attached)
The 10mm bolts are 8mm allen head socket heads.
Both available in Sears, I use the shorties US 3/8 & 5/16" the same:D

NOT Torq's

Big Brake Dave :drive:
Dave's Big Brakes
[email protected]
858-382-4713 cell

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BIG BRAKE DAVE SAVED ME FROM KILLING MY NEIGHBOR JUST OUT OF FRUSTRATION !!

Thanks Dave, job done. I did figure out that a 14mm 12 point socket would take off the outer nut, but I didn't realize that the inner Allen part is a stud over which the caliper slides right off.

Here I am thinking old school that the allen part was a bolt and I couldn't figure out why the Hell there was the outer nut.

SO Dave, thanks again, job done, don't send the men in the white coats.

We live and learn.

Andrew

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tytan