New to Forum Quick question on removing Fuel Injectors

EastCoastSRT10

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Had my Viper for over a year now. 2004 Silver vert.

It’s a drivers car so needs some tender love and care. I’m replacing some hoses and touching up the valve covers and intake manifold and was stuck at removing the injectors.

First one I am stuck at is how do you remove the injector harness? I tried prying outwards on where there appears to be tabs but was afraid to crack them so did not proceed.

Second, do the injectors just pop out? They feel in there pretty good and tight though they will rotate some freely.

I’ve replaced injectors in the past on cars with less age so they popped out pretty easy.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the connector is pretty straight forward, just firmly squeeze the two shorter ends, pull off while wiggling. There are clips holding the injectors to the fuel rails, none on the manifold side. All the injectors should just come out with the fuel rail. I find twisting each injector a bit to free it from the intake manifold helps.

OP
OP
E

EastCoastSRT10

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
Removing the connector is pretty straight forward, just firmly squeeze the two shorter ends, pull off while wiggling. There are clips holding the injectors to the fuel rails, none on the manifold side. All the injectors should just come out with the fuel rail. I find twisting each injector a bit to free it from the intake manifold helps.
Thanks Old School!

I was able to get the connectors off as you said. I decided to hold off on removing the rail and injectors as they were really stuck in there and I’d hate to put a lot of pressure on 20 year old heat cycled plastic. I’ll wait til it’s time for more mods and just upgrade the rails and injectors at the same time.