Newbie hood open/close question

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm talking to a guy yesterday at my kids hockey game and he tells me about the Viper he had (and regrets selling) He asks me if I have watched the hood video and tells me you can really screw the hood if you don't open/close it just right.:omg:
Didn't appear to be rocket science when I looked at the car. What's the scoop? :dunno:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you...the previous owner on mine used to try and slam it shut. Fortunately, after I got it I attended my first VCA event and the members showed me how to properly shut it.

B

BurntRubber

This is what I was taught for a gen II GTS.
with hood fully open...
Standing on passenger side of the car I grab with my right hand the top of the hood in between the stripes(this would be in between the windshield wipers when closed) and guide the hood down to its tracks that are near the side view mirrors. I check that both sides are lined up the same.
go to front of car, I make a diamond with my hands(like to catch a football, or close grip push up), tuck my thumbs under the air intake(outside of palm would be out towards hood louvers). gently press down till it latches. Then I give a quick shove down to lock her in. No need to worry about losing any thumbs they wont hit the airbox under the hood. seems to work pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd