NY Auto show

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big thrill this year, maybe cause I sort of expected what to see. That Challenger is nice, but its BIG. It's a big car that could probably handle 26" off road wheels under those wheel wells. They have to drop that car a little, or whomever buys it needs to send it straight to get that done.

Disappointed they didn't have an ACR there.

Charger is nice, of course, but as with so many other cars in the show, do any of the manufacturers realize that gas is near $4.00 per gallon and the economy ***** ? I'd like to see an 09 Avenger in all wheel drive SRT version. Best of all worlds for me to complement the Viper during the off season.

AC

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there yesterday covering for LXForums but like you said Andrew nothing really made me go wow. I'm not crazy on Japanese Imports, but after seeing the Mazda Furai concept in person I actually liked it. The 300C Hollywood must have been some feat' to build! Here's the SSG viper and the NM SRT coupe.

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nissan has a car out this summer, very nice. I am not an import fan either, but this is one nice car.....G - something. m I thought the rear quarter, side window and spoiler almost looked like the Stang believe it or not.

AC

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nissan has a car out this summer, very nice. I am not an import fan either, but this is one nice car.....G - something. m I thought the rear quarter, side window and spoiler almost looked like the Stang believe it or not.

AC

2008 Nissan R35 GT-R

an amazing car..... if I could afford one- I'd buy one without question...

After my Viper of course! :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nissan R35 GT-R may be some car, but it's butt ugly in my opinion! That front end is just awful!

Being a fellow R34 Skyline fan for awhile and seeing this car at the New England Auto Show in Boston.. it's just amazing... if you see the car in person it looks awesome!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the GT-R and its fanbase (rice rocket people who think its the greatest car ever made...) But I will admit when I saw it in person it looked like a nice, quality built car. Also yes, It looks a million times better in person.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the GT-R and its fanbase (rice rocket people who think its the greatest car ever made...) But I will admit when I saw it in person it looked like a nice, quality built car. Also yes, It looks a million times better in person.

It is an amazing car, especially when you see it in person- pictures don't give it the justice it deserves... The Skyline is not "ricey" either... it's a Japanese Super Car; and an amazing one at that- the performance is just unbelievable.. having a V6 that can launch the car from 0-60mph in a mere 3.5sec is incredible.. let alone the history of this car in general.

Don't get me wrong- I am a true Viper enthusiast.. always have been and always will be.. but I know when to acknowledge another pure performance machine for what it truly is. ;)

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pics of the Viper, Challenger, and Holloywood from the NY Auto Show. How do I post them on here if they are on my hard drive? Thanks.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Nissan R35 GT-R may be some car, but it's butt ugly in my opinion! That front end is just awful!

Don't worry. After the hype, not too many people are actually going to buy that over-priced, super-Altima-$hitsubishi. ...I know it's not really an Altima-****subishi, but that's what it looks like. A lot of the praise for the car is coming from 'rice' fans that like it as a flagship for what Japan can do, but they have no actual intent to buy the car.

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry. After the hype, not too many people are actually going to buy that over-priced, super-Altima-$hitsubishi. ...I know it's not really an Altima-****subishi, but that's what it looks like. A lot of the praise for the car is coming from 'rice' fans that like it as a flagship for what Japan can do, but they have no actual intent to buy the car.

$70,000 is definitely not over priced at all.. if anything dealers will be marking it up well above $90,000. That car will sell; except for the fact Nissan governed it at 112mph for everyone over in Japan. :smirk: News: JDM Godzillas Unlock Top Speed Only at the Track

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$70,000 is definitely not over priced at all.. if anything dealers will be marking it up well above $90,000. That car will sell...

hehehe ... sure. It might be the most uncool new car I've seen in a long time ...no sporting character whatsoever ...doesn't matter what it's performance is -- I could see it competeing for buyers with the new Caddy CTS-V, and that's about it. :rolleyes: (Light the fuse ...nope, it's a dud.)

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehehe ... sure. It might be the most uncool new car I've seen in a long time ...no sporting character whatsoever ...doesn't matter what it's performance is -- I could see it competeing for buyers with the new Caddy CTS-V, and that's about it. :rolleyes: (Light the fuse ...nope, it's a dud.)

Don't get me wrong; I'm a Viper guy. I'm just saying- whether you like the car or not. It will sell... the Skyline has always been a legendary car world-wide even though it was mass produced over in Japan. You might not be a fan of it; but if you look the car up online or even read reviews of it on Top Gear you will see it is highly rated for what it is. Some people might not like it's styling but others do; it's an amazing car. :)

I could see it competeing for buyers with the new Caddy CTS-V, and that's about it. :rolleyes: (Light the fuse ...nope, it's a dud.)

It will be competing against the Viper, Z06/ZR1, 911 Turbo, Gallardo, F430 and I would assume the R8 when your talking performance... If you are considering price range I guarantee it will be against the Z06, M3 and possibly Exige. If you are considering price/performance range- I bet anything.. it's two main competitors will be the Viper and Corvette ;)

For half the money of a Porsche turbo, same price as the BMW M3, the GT-R is faster on track than a Bugatti Veyron and Porsche Turbo and GT3, probably GT2 too, with an acceleration time from 0-60 of 3.2 seconds (Faster than a Ferrari Enzo). How will this affect the competition if there is any?

I don't think the GTR will affect total sales or take away from other companies, but it will have some impact I would assume; especially for buyers who seek HIGH performance and low cost. Take a look: The Nissan GT-R just beat the Porsche Turbo and BMW M3, how will this affect BMW and Porsche sales? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited:

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate to be mean and drop the ball like this but the truth is you and other viper owners are just upset that a nissan has come out of the woodwork and absolutly DESTROYED all production vipers in terms of preformance with the GTR. And dont give me the 'preformance dooesnt matter' argument, because modern vipers are built for preformance and only preformance, the SRT team sacrifced its practicality and looks for preformance.

Dont get me wrong, i just think the GTR deserves much more respect that being called a rice sh!tabishi...I personally would take a Viper over one simply because the vipers looks more exotic and i dont want a DD type car

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2008 Nissan R35 GT-R

an amazing car..... if I could afford one- I'd buy one without question...

After my Viper of course! :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

The GTR may very well be my next car. I saw it i person at our weekly car show in Irvine. The thing looks even better in person, plus it has the performance to back up the looks. There will be a lighter version of the car coming out in a year or so, I'll probably wait for that one.

Bat™

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be mean and drop the ball like this but the truth is you and other viper owners are just upset that a nissan has come out of the woodwork and absolutly DESTROYED all production vipers in terms of preformance with the GTR. And dont give me the 'preformance dooesnt matter' argument, because modern vipers are built for preformance and only preformance, the SRT team sacrifced its practicality and looks for preformance.

Dont get me wrong, i just think the GTR deserves much more respect that being called a rice sh!tabishi...I personally would take a Viper over one simply because the vipers looks more exotic and i dont want a DD type car

The GTR may very well be my next car. I saw it i person at our weekly car show in Irvine. The thing looks even better in person, plus it has the performance to back up the looks. There will be a lighter version of the car coming out in a year or so, I'll probably wait for that one.

Bat™

Thanks guys!

I'm glad to see that you both agree with me and understand where I'm coming from and what I'm talking about :)

It is an amazing car; and like I said the pictures DO NOT give it justice. I saw it at the New England Auto Show back in late November and it was easily one of the best cars there. While I was there, It definitely attracted more people then the Ferrari's, Lambo's and even the Audi R8 did. It was stunning...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Haha, you doing drugs? You must be thinking that we should go back to the Gen 1 to go faster?

The GTR is comparable to my modified 1992 Dodge/Mitsu Stealth R/T TT. Same sized tires, ECS, AWD, 24 valve V6, etc. First thing done to my car was to throw away the hightech Electronic Controlled Suspension and replace it with racing GAB adj. shocks/struts. Then instal the 13G turbos that were supposed to come on the car and add a 'little boost'. 3600# car with 500hp. 18" wheels same width as the GTR.

Like the GTR, my Stealth is the fastest car for hundreds/thousands of miles in the winter. The Viper's hp starts at idle and these little *** engines make torque and hp after mid rpms.

Skyline a legend??? Really? The importer told me they're about 230hp???????

Perhaps you'll find some believers on the Nissan forums?

Ted

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a sports car enthusiast, but am I the only one that has a problem with these cars that can only go fast because of turbo/superchargers? I am not talking about a sports car that is already quick being made even better with a turbo/supercharger, but a car that is entirely centered around the turbos. The new GTR is extremely quick, but for one reason....twin turbos. You can make any car quick by adding twin turbos. I will stick with my Viper SRT-10 anyday. There is no substitute for American Muscle.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The GTR is not cheap being more than a Viper. And considering that it's built as a street car with little tires on it it's PAINFULLY obvious that it has no cahnce against a Ferrari or Porsche. If a skinny tire would hold a corner as well as a 335 Viper, Ferrari, Veyron and Porsche wouldn't have $500-1000 tires on them - would they?

A baby japanese car beat a Veyron??? Only on drugs.

A 112mph limited top speed car classed as a supercar??? Know any tracks where the top speed is that low?

Good thing we're on the Viper forums.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno