Old Tires..... Pictures

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New tires arrived today, so last night it was time to use up the old ones. We all know what to do with old tires.....

BURN them....

CIMG0182.JPG

CIMG0181.JPG

CIMG0179.JPG

:usa:

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got new tires from JonB. Saved my old run-craps to use as drifters. They had plenty of tread but so little traction that I get zero smoke when spinning them, they just slide like I'm on ice.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to do that with my old tires but couldn't find anywhere safe to do it in. I can't think of a parking lot that doesn't have security cameras.

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detailed them yesterday afternoon.... All set to get the new ones put on in about an hour. LOTS of rubber in there from the fun.

:usa:

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to do that with my old tires but couldn't find anywhere safe to do it in. I can't think of a parking lot that doesn't have security cameras.

My local track offers drifting days. I've never tried it outside of short stints in parking lots and on back roads. I'm eager to give it a try because even in my limited experience, you learn an awful lot about puttin gthe car on the edge, but still just barely in control.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can attest to that. :D

Hey, maybe you just aren't used to driving a car with so much power!

Sometime soon we have to do another swap. It wasn't fair to you or the car. It handles WAY better now. I find out at Summit Point tomorrow just how much better it handles.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, maybe you just aren't used to driving a car with so much power!

Sometime soon we have to do another swap. It wasn't fair to you or the car. It handles WAY better now. I find out at Summit Point tomorrow just how much better it handles.

In all honestly the most difficult thing about driving your car was getting in it. I was shocked at how much less room there is in the Gen-3 than the GTS. The seat was all the way back, but I'm sure the pedals weren't all the way down and that made driving difficult. The Gen3 has electric pedal adjustment right? (sorry for the OT post)

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In all honestly the most difficult thing about driving your car was getting in it. I was shocked at how much less room there is in the Gen-3 than the GTS. The seat was all the way back, but I'm sure the pedals weren't all the way down and that made driving difficult. The Gen3 has electric pedal adjustment right? (sorry for the OT post)

You're right about the space. I don't know how a tall, broad sholdered man fits in the seat.

The pedals are up a bit and I shuld have shown you where the electric adjustment is, on the bottom of the steering column, about between your knees.

No apology needed. I know that those tires were terrible. But I got used to them and they were great fun, just no good for going anywhere fast and with any margin for safety. I'm still getting used to the new PS2s, trying to find the breaking point. I'm amazed at how much faster I can swoop around a highway clover leaf.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno