****** Passport 9500i Blue LED - Rear View Mirror Mount

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to.. or knows where I can buy a Rear View Mirror Mount for the Passport 9500i??

Thanks,
Anthony

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bumping this back to the top..

Any leads on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Anthony

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get a Valentine V1 you wont regret it

I already bought my 9500i haha.. besides; I like the GPS feature and styling better. Both Units are top of the line so I highly doubt there is a HUGE difference even if the V1 is slightly better.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony~~No, I don't have info for you, but we keep our 9500i low on the dash, it's so cold here, it keeps falling off til the car really warms up. We don't want it up that high, then drag the wires around it, down to plug it in...it's fine low on the windshield! Glad you're still enjoying it, we are too!! LOVE the blue, don't you?!! ~juli

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony~~No, I don't have info for you, but we keep our 9500i low on the dash, it's so cold here, it keeps falling off til the car really warms up. We don't want it up that high, then drag the wires around it, down to plug it in...it's fine low on the windshield! Glad you're still enjoying it, we are too!! LOVE the blue, don't you?!! ~juli

I actually haven't had it installed in my car yet! I bought the Direct Wire SmartCord - Blue along with it so that I could have the Radar hard wired into my car to free up the lighter plug so I can still charge my cell phone :)

My car is being picked up next week by Gary Almond from Detroit; so I won't actually have my Viper till around April 4th-April 6th and most likely won't have my Radar and audio system installed until a week after that! So I figured now is the time to make sure I have everything ready; including a rear view mirror mount if its possible which would make for a much easier stress free setup. Considering if I ever wanted to hide my Radar every time I park my car I could disconnect it from the mount easier. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try calling the company and order it? Simple way to get it!

I was just on the phone with them regarding the Direct Wire SmartCord - Blue to make sure it was in fact blue since there was nothing on the package saying it was the blue and not the red version; although the package does have a blue dot sticker on it :smirk:

Anyways, the company's website doesn't have anything in regards to a rear view mirror mount! If they did I would have ordered that along with my 9500i and Direct Wire SmartCord! So I'm not sure if they would know anything about one since most likely any rear view mirror mount I find will be aftermarket I'm assuming. :dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually haven't had it installed in my car yet! I bought the Direct Wire SmartCord - Blue along with it so that I could have the Radar hard wired into my car to free up the lighter plug so I can still charge my cell phone :)
My car is being picked up next week by Gary Almond from Detroit; so I won't actually have my Viper till around April 4th-April 6th and most likely won't have my Radar and audio system installed until a week after that! So I figured now is the time to make sure I have everything ready; including a rear view mirror mount if its possible which would make for a much easier stress free setup. Considering if I ever wanted to hide my Radar every time I park my car I could disconnect it from the mount easier. :2tu:

Ah, I hear ya!! And, yes, we always take down the radar detector/suction cups/wires and hide them when car is parked...around here, GPS devices/Radar Detectors are 'hot' items, and MANY cars have broken windows and stolen devices. Mike will soon be riding his bike, and is gonna make it so he can disconnect the GPS/Radar Detector on THAT as well, and then lock them away when parked. Just can't take chances. Thieves know where to look...yes, the anticipation for the arrival of your car, must just be getting more and more each day!!!! Can't WAIT to see your pics of the car at your home...I do NOT know where to get a rear window mount...sorry. ~juli

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I have my ****** installed between the top of the windshield and the rear view mirror. this way it can sniff behind the car. Don't know if it would work with a hardtop coupe but this works real well in my roadster. also the mirror holds the detector in place and keeps it from moving around. I also use this same setup in my Miata.

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I have my ****** installed between the top of the windshield and the rear view mirror. this way it can sniff behind the car. Don't know if it would work with a hardtop coupe but this works real well in my roadster. also the mirror holds the detector in place and keeps it from moving around. I also use this same setup in my Miata.

How do you have it installed? With suction cups on the windshield?

I just think the rear view mirror mount would be perfect. Seems like it would hold the detector in the perfect spot on the windshield; definitely high enough too. Another factor being I can disconnect the unit easily to hide whenever I park my car.

There's gotta be someone out there that knows where I can buy a rear view mirror mount....

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to subscribe here to get my answer:
Radar detector jammer forum: Index

Someone just replied to my response saying the following:

Here is the mount for the rear view mirror, I have one for my Valentine and the quality is outstanding.

Custom Made Connecting Mount for Radar Detector on 350Z and other Cars

The power tap you are looking for is called invisicord.

Invisicord Products Home Page

I owned one of these, and while it's a nice product it does not come with an inline fuse. So I would recommend adding a fuse to it, if you are going to use it.

Do you guys think Custom Made Connecting Mount for Radar Detector on 350Z and other Cars would work on a GENII GTS Viper?

I noticed in this link it says it works on a GENIII: Cars that will work with the ****** and Valentine-1 Radar Mount

Last edited:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you have it installed? With suction cups on the windshield?

I just think the rear view mirror mount would be perfect. Seems like it would hold the detector in the perfect spot on the windshield; definitely high enough too. Another factor being I can disconnect the unit easily to hide whenever I park my car.

There's gotta be someone out there that knows where I can buy a rear view mirror mount....

Yes I use the suction cups that came with the ******. It works fine for me as the top of the rear view mirror supports the bottom of the ******.:drive:

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this thread

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/598707-radar-detector-mirror-mount.html

Have 2 of these for Valentine 1, have one in my Ford F150 and the other in my 04 Viper. They are high quality and make popping the detector in & out really easy. Also, no suction cup stuff to deal with. Don't know if they make one that fits your unit. Suggest you contact them, they are cool folks. :usa: And...made in the USA!

Yup.. I actually quoted that link( Custom Made Connecting Mount for Radar Detector on 350Z and other Cars ) in one of my previous posts in this thread.. Do you think that mount would work on a GENII Viper GTS because on the site it says its compatible with a GENIII Viper...

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could swear they had Gen 2 as an example of known fit and I was not so sure about my Gen 3 when I purchased. The link below, in point # 4, describes sizing.

Take a string, loop it around your stalk (...:omg:... mirror stalk!), mark with a pen where the string touches and put it on a ruler to measure circumference.

The Radar Mount for the ****** or Beltronics

I see they've added a restocking fee. Too many people were too lazy to measure their stalk girth. Probably assumed incorrectly that they needed the bigger one :rolaugh: (sophomoric, I know, but I couldn't stop myself)

Good luck and hope you find a solution that works!

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I just found this.....

Would this be a better idea instead of having the Radar hard wired through my ****** Direct Wire SmartCord or through the use of an invisicord to my 96 GTS??? Auto Cigarette Lighter Dual Outlet 12 Volt Power Plug Adapter Socket

I actually found it on amazon for cheaper...
Amazon.com: Auto Cigarette Lighter Dual Outlet 12 Volt Power Plug Adapter Socket: Electronics

Would the Cigarette Lighter Outlet not give the radar enough power it needs all the time compared to hard wiring it?

I just figured this way would be easier and I can charge my phone and have the radar plugged in at the same time without buying the invisicord. I'll most likely buy the Rear View Mirror Mount though! The Radar Mount for the ****** or Beltronics :)

If you used the invisicord I heard the actual radar doesn't turn off right away when the ignition is turned off. Could this drain the battery in your car from the radar not turning off right away once the car is turned off?

Also if I did buy the invisicord is it better to get a length of 8" or 12" ??? :confused:

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I just found this.....
Would this be a better idea instead of having the Radar hard wired???
Auto Cigarette Lighter Dual Outlet 12 Volt Power Plug Adapter Socket
I actually found it on amazon for cheaper...
Amazon.com: Auto Cigarette Lighter Dual Outlet 12 Volt Power Plug Adapter Socket: Electronics
This way I can charge my phone and have the radar plugged in at the same time without buying the invisicord :)
If you used the invisicord I heard the actual radar doesn't turn off right away when the ignition is turned off. Could this drain the battery in your car from the radar not turning off right away once the car is turned off?

Hey, THANX for this tip...I will show Mike when he gets home tonite...as he's been looking for a 12VOLT power plug adapter, and this looks like what he's been looking for!!! MAN, you've been reading our minds!!! LOL....I don't know about the invisicord? Will have to look at that a bit more...THANK YOU!!!! :2tu: ~juli
(We're looking at trying to put something simple on a Hayabusa...I see "Hayabusa" here, HELLO~~!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno