Picked up my 03 on Saturday - IN SNOW

theamigo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Seattle heading north on I-5 it wasn't too bad, mostly cloudy, until we approached the exit the seller lived on. By that time it was slushy. I passed two snow plows clearing the road on the way to the house. Combine that with 5 year old run-flats and I was aware there could be some slippage... After making it out of the steep driveway my wife, kids and I stopped at Red Robin for lunch. The parking lot had about 3 inches of snow and slush! After lunch it was a little clearer and by the time we hit Seattle it was SUNNY and warm. Then after that we hit rain before making it home safe and sound. I do believe that was the first rain, and snow, the car had ever seen. Today we had an awesome first day of driving. Took the wife out, took my boys for rides to a state park. It was beautiful out and we all had a fun time with the car(me especially).

I lost count of how many people gave thumbs up(yes, thumbs), saw a fang sign from a yellow S2000. I took my wife to Panera bread for lunch and she was amazed at all the attention the car received. A steady stream of passers-by stopped in the parking lot. One kid went by several times and I finally asked if he'd like to sit in it. He ran to ask his dad, a manager at the nearby Jamba Juice, and came back with an affirmative. He asked a bunch of questions and was clearly excited.

After putting a fresh tank of gas in it I brought it home today and gave it a good wash.

I love this car.

Here's a pic my wife took heading home. These are not optimum driving conditions.
IMG_0128-1.JPG

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 03's are the fastest stock Gen 3's built!!

Welcome and enjoy!:headbang:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh nasty nasty weather!!! DEF not optimum driving conditions! Yeah, we get the thumbs-up (never seen the fangs sign, and wouldn't do it back, we'd wave!! We wave to everyone who acknowledges us)
Glad you got the car home, and have enjoyed it immensely so far!! Weather's GOTTA improve, right?
(For us as well as you guys!) CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! ~juli

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your 03 viper. I too, have been caught out in snow one time. what a mess to clean up! "The 03's are the fastest stock Gen 3's built!" Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno