Poll: side sill vens

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search. The cold water spraying on hot cats may destroy the cats...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm switching over to side exhaust on my GTS. Belanger headers, RT HF cats, Autoform FRP sills. Parts are all in, all I need to do is start working on it.

Sooooo, will I be venting them? Yup. Probably in the front, and maybe some large holes in the bottom too. Screened on the bottom, and might look at the Parts Rack louvered vents for the front.

Cold water on the cats? :dunno: From what? :dunno: Driving in the rain? :nono: Sloshing through the snow in Texas? :lmao:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving in the rain?

:curse::bonker::hitfan::kiss:

P7060382.JPG

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of other models of cars have their cats exposed to the elements... Is there something fragile about OE/aftermarket cats for the Viper that makes them special?

Could be..just an observation

:crazy2:

Great driving in the rain photo ViperGTS, I saved that one!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plenty of other models of cars have their cats exposed to the elements... Is there something fragile about OE/aftermarket cats for the Viper that makes them special?

Could be..just an observation

:crazy2:

Great driving in the rain photo ViperGTS, I saved that one!
My thoughts exactly.....

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this helps:
I purchased these vents from Jon B at parts rack and installed them, drove in the pouring rain and pulled my car in the garage up on the lift and checked them, I even pulled a sidesill and it was dry in there, now I don't know if it was cause of the heat from the exhaust that dryed them but they were dry, these vents from Jon B have louvers that face downward and I feel they work well, here is a picture installed
Online Shopping
100_0077.jpg

D

DAMN YANKEE

Supercharged...Roe Wrap only...stock Cats....catbacks by Corsa....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno