Questions, questions

Spd Kilz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trading the vette for viper..

I've have a 99 C5 for a bout 4 years now. The motor is sick! Full built Iron 408 low comp, its set up to handle as much boost as you can throw at it. It makes great power, its kind of a freak. 489 rwtq and 512 rwhp all on motor. I would say I have about $60,000 in the car. So my dilemma is its starting to have those 10 year old car problems... You know, time to replace all the weather strips around the windows, get the front end repainted things like that. Frankly I just don’t want to mess with it.

So, I've always like the SRT10, and I would love to have a new one, but I don’t have the money for something like that.

I don’t know near as much about vipers as vettes, so I need some help. I know that year to year in the vette there were a few differences in the build. Is this the same in the viper? What year should I get? I want a silver vert, I was thinking 2004. What price range should I be looking for?

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on were you live, finding a silver 04 should not be too hard. B/c of the economy, you will benefit by finding one at a great price. Anywhere from $47k to $54k would put you in a great car. I’ve seen several silver ones going for under $50k in the Georgia South Carolina areas. I would look for one with low miles and the basic bolt-ons like exhaust, cats and headers already on it. These mods can cost you 3k plus. You will probably end up having to purchasing them; b/c the cabin is pretty warm in the summer. That’s my two cents. I’m sure other will have thought to share with you. Good luck, you love it.:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 1 Vipers have no roof, no side windows and no outside door handles, 17" wheels and bad tires - 400hp. Gen 2 Vipers have forged piston engines until 99, fastback (GTS), 18" wheels, 13" Brembo brakes and the best tires - 450hp. 2001 has ABS brakes. Gen 3 has 14" brakes, no hardtop (except the 06 coupe), 18 & 19" wheels, 'runcrap' tires, 10 spoke wheels and a rear hinged hood - 510hp (?). I think this covers most of the main differences between Vipers. The 96 GTS and 97-99 engines have a forged piston engine that is blower/TT ready. Gen 2 and 3 are about equivalent in performance.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno