Some things never change

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been on this board from the beginning through 4 Vipers covering 3 Gens (from when Jon and I were in high school) I drift away from time to to time due to work, family but the posts rarely change much . I can almost predict that I will see the following:

1."How old is everyone?" (usually started by someone 21 or younger just to piss us off)

2."Just smoked a.."(insert name of demonstrably faster car)

3."Got screwed by.."(insert name of vendor who "refused" to take a third party, post dated check)

4."Never see snakes around here" (perhaps because you live in the middle of nowhere--seen any Camrys lately?)

5."What oil to use?"--take a look at your oil cap

6".Sad news--car totalled" (usually Darwinism at work)

7."Is the Viper dead?" (we would only want that because it would stop people constantly starting this same post followed by 3 pages of follow ups by people who have no idea whatsoever)

8."Cancelled my subsription to .." (insert name of mag that criticized Viper for lack of traction control or mulitple cupholders)

9."Got Keyed today"--(perhaps that "Vettes Suk" vanity plate wasn't such a good idea after all)
:smirk:
Which ones did I miss??

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but until my arrival on the scene, I don't think ******* was a daily topic supported by almost weekly (at some points, daily) pics. So thats new...except I've been here 3 years, so thats really not new either. Maybe you have a point. Don't forget the "I live up north, what car cover should I buy for the 11 months I can't drive my car"? topics :D :buttkick:

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but until my arrival on the scene, I don't think ******* was a daily topic supported by almost weekly (at some points, daily) pics. So thats new...except I've been here 3 years, so thats really not new either. Maybe you have a point. Don't forget the "I live up north, what car cover should I buy for the 11 months I can't drive my car"? topics :D :buttkick:

Good points> Also

10."Is the Viper a daily driver?"- (absolutely, when I saw how good it was in deep snow, I sold our Yukon)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You got that right Chad!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well you could join and check the Illustrated Upgrades for repair and improvements to your Vipers? Check out Dave's inside Hood logo! Or maybe my Bluetooth stereo and sat. radio instal.

I've written 5 pro Viper magazine articles and they were published in Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ magazine. Most mags are anti-Viper (as you posted) so some of us feel forced to get out there, win trophies and write correct Viper articles for the masses.

There's also threads on "GTR, R8 and Vettes better than Viper" while those "better" cars are not available, of course. Towards the end of the threads you'll find reality postings where the "better" is actually more cupholders and way less performance.

If you joined you would have had the article in Viper mag that showed Jasper scenery from BC with Vipers that traveled half the continent to partake of the weekend and their comments. Next magazine should have our Western Region AutoX and Kelowna weekend as well as some other great stories and pics.

Check around Xmas and read about Chad's hospital visits for the kids.

The VCA is dynamic and always changing. The new Venom membership will allow you to buy 5 raffle tickets and Jonb gave discounts to the first 100 members. Roe Racing is getting near to releasing the Gen 3 sc. The VOI is taking place this Aug. Etc., etc.

Ted

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great thread.......I have to complain about those who "install" or have something used installed and then its not perfect (probably because it's installed wrong), and then begin complaining about the manufacturer who "screwed them over"! These no brains people, don't have a clue about anything automotive, and have to get on the Viper Forums to complain......what a waste of our Viper site.