Stereo Shop in Austin?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a 1993 RT/10 in April and I still have the stock tape deck in there. Deferred maintenance was the first order of business, but now that I've fixed everything the previous owner(s) neglected, I can get to some of the "fun" stuff.

That said, one of the first optional upgrades on my list is updating the stereo. I've gathered most of the components that are going to be thrown in, but I need to find a reputable shop to do the install. I've been told it's next to impossible to use the existing wiring/harness with an aftermarket set-up, so I'm looking at new components all around, a new head unit and new amps.

Does anyone in or around Austin know of shop that has handled Vipers before or is equipped to handle our cars? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks, guys!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my GTS done up here in Fort Worth by Car Toys. Just the head, but I asked them if they had ever had a Viper apart. They said yes, and when done, none of the plastic was damaged by them.

I asked them about the doors, as I was thinking about speakers. They said a door panel is a door panel. VvvvvvZZZZZzzzzzzzzt.

Yeah, try and find those screws by trial and error.

Glad I had the manual when I did it myself!

Moral of story is be sure they have worked on a Viper, or take them the manual and watch them work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd