Summer in Miami with a GTS.

ljpviper2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AC in my GTS is fine Oct--April, but summer is just brutal here. The AC will not
cool the car if you leave it in the sun. I do not want to put tints. It is fully charged with no leaks.

Anyone add another AC condenser as the Porshce 911 guys do. I am also looking at
changing out the blower motor to a stronger one.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock exhaust? :dunno:

running errands and the cabin will sauna-tize from stock cats bleeding heat while parked :mad:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The converters throw a lot of heat into the vehicle. If you can get away with removing them, the interior temperature will be bearable.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock cats, hi flo cats or no cats it's a damn hot cockpit in the summer here, I can only imagine the Miami heat and humidity.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I deleted my cats and wrapped the entire pipe in 1" exhaust wrap I got at Pep Boys. 2 packages did both pipes twice. You could hold your hand on the normally-scalding pipes when the motor was at operating temp.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drink water, put he windows down and drive now slower than 95mph. Works great for me in Orlando. I also didn't have AC.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Texas... We are screwed here too. I have hiflow cats, great sill venting, and the interior has sound/heat deadening added. AC is great on the hiway, ***** anywhere else. The blower is great for moving tiny duck feathers at 2 to 3 inches away tops maybe. I drive my Super Duty during the summer days, and the GTS at night then.

Reaction score
There are several other factors that effect the efficiency of the AC in your car. We service them often - If you would like to stop by my shop I will suggest some options for you.

Best regards,

Doug Levin

954 434-9356

OP
OP
L

ljpviper2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cats are long gone. I am pretty sure the blower motor can be upgraded. Its just
trying to find one that fits from another car.

Thanks for the offer Doug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy