T56 rebuild?

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all

I've had my mamba srt10 for just over a year.. Car has 42k miles on it and seems to run pretty well.. Since I purchased the car it has had issues going into 6th gear. It doesn't grind but it simply won't go into gear for a couple seconds. It does seem to go in a bit better when double clutching but not sure if it's just the extra delay from the double clutch or if it is actually helping out.

I am planning on installing a Paxton blower this fall/winter and am considering also pulling the transmission and having a look at it. I am mechanically inclined and will be installing a 2nd 4 post lift in my garage this weekend. Do you think a t56 rebuild is doable and what are the recommended rebuild kits (most I've seen online are people who rebuild and not actually selling kits). I plan to make 650-700whp so not sure if different gears are required or not ( would expect not).. I also like the 6th gear overdrive for getting some what acceptable mileage on the highway and don't mind the current gearing.

Do you think it's just a synchro on 6th that is my issue or something else?

Thanks all

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you search, you will also come up with the Gen3 diff is weak too.

And there are rebuild kits available all over the web for the tranny.

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to find a couple different rebuild kits (after posting this) but more curious what would be recommended with upping the power to the ~700whp levels). Suggestions on diff for this power level?

Also curious if anyone has seen a similar issue with 6th gear and corrected it?

Thank you

OP
OP
E

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link for the 700HP rebuild kit?
Not sure if you were asking me. I am unsure what power levels these rebuild kits handle which is why I was asking for some support/knowledge from the group.

I found this rebuild kit:

I will reach out to companies closer to when I am ready to do this but was looking to get some info prior. The price of a tr6060 doesn't seem too outrageous and since I dont have issues with my trans (outside of the getting into 6th gear as noted above) if I dont get some reliable information I will most likely just run the car as is and if I have issues budget for a new tr6060. If I get some good information or when I start to reach out to the companies providing the rebuild kits I may still go that route this fall/winter.

If anyone has any additional information or details I would love to hear it.

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuphaus2