Thanks YELLOH! (Rick) Awesome story of him helping a Viper fan!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a few days ago about a friend of mine in Rhode Island who is a Viper nut, but had never rode in one. I asked if anyone was nearby and would mind giving her a ride one day. I told her it may take a while since Vipers are rare and she lives in a small town. She said she didn't mind, she could wait a year, she just wanted to ride in a Viper! Later that same day, Rick replies and says he's willing to help. Rick ended up living over an hour away. A couple other guys responded, so I was going to ask them instead. I didn't have to!! Rick said he didn't mind making the the drive just to give Allie the opportunity to cruise around in his "YELLOH" 05' Street Serpent SRT!! :2tu: I got a call this afternoon from her. She was absolutely pumped (and at times tongue tied b/c she was so happy and trying to talk too fast :D )!! She said she had just gotten home and told me that thanks to Rick, her life was now complete :D I won't say what speed they got up to, but I'm sure it was on a closed course anyway :D I have never met Rick and he had never met me (or Allie), but he still jumped at the opportunity to drive 2+ hours roundtrip just to give Allie a joyride! This was way beyond what I was expecting anyone to offer to do!! They drove around her town and some of her friends saw her and yes, their jaws dropped to the ground :D Allie said the coolest part was when Rick let her press the "Start" button to awake the Beast :D I did tell her now that she's rode in one, she'd probably end up buying a Viper within a few months! She told me she had already decided to skip buying a new truck and save up some more to become a Viper owner :D Rick, If you're ever down here in Jawga, dinner is on me! She said she took a ton of photos and should be emailing them to me later. I'll post some once I get them. Rick, thank you so much :headbang:

I told a friend yesterday that one of the best things I ever did was buying a Viper. I honestly believe that. Not for the car, but for the people and friendships that come along with ownership :2tu:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone has heard this over and over but this club is unusual in the number of individuals it has who are friendly and eager to help out.
I bought the Viper because I love the car I participate in club functions because of the
people.I have been in alot of car clubs, the people in this club are amazing from the officers down to the newest member!!!!!
:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story, Chad!
Pics are a must. :)

If she's looking for a truck.....how about a VIPER truck? :D :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper people are awesome. Just this past weekend I had two go out of their way to help me look into buying my very first Viper, and Kevan above was one of them.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot off the presses:
You must be registered for see images attach

Caution: Blonde driving :D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a martyr...;) Rick, it looks like it was a real chore. I can see the agony on your face...;);):)

Seriously, that was a really cool thing to do. I met Rick at VOI and hope to meet up with again at VOI 11 if not before. He's a first class guy.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick is definitely a top notch guy, I remember at VOI 9 he let this slick talking trickster from the White Mountains of NH take his Viper out on the Roval.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry, I did NOT meet Rick at the Orange County Chopper event..he WAS THERE...as were we. DRAT! KUDOS to you Rick for giving a gal the time of her life~! ~juli

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick is definitely a top notch guy, I remember at VOI 9 he let this slick talking trickster from the White Mountains of NH take his Viper out on the Roval.

Art, I know what you're up to and I'm not biting this time.

BTW, if anyone is interested I have Rick's signature I'd be willing to part with. I saw one sell on eBay for $27 a year or so ago.

Let the bidding begin...

Rick rocks but you didn't hear that from me. lol

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is an AWESOME story!! Honestly, one of the best I've read on a car forum in a very long time.

I don't know how many times I've been at a gas station filling up and some young kid that I don't know has asked me for a ride. I have always just told them to jump in and I took them for a quick spin. I was (and still am) the same way about cars, and I know how much this has affected your friend. It's great to see other car enthusiasts give that feeling to others!!

Edit: On a side note, that Viper looks AMAZING!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art, I know what you're up to and I'm not biting this time.
BTW, if anyone is interested I have Rick's signature I'd be willing to part with. I saw one sell on eBay for $27 a year or so ago.
Let the bidding begin...
Rick rocks but you didn't hear that from me. lol

I KNEW he was talkin about YOU, Joe!!!!! LOL...GOSH I'm SO sorry I missed you guys Sunday. I'm KICKING my ASP as I write this (did I mention I'm double-jointed??? :D)
I'd have loved autographs...well...actually hugs would've sufficed! :hug2: ~juli

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I KNEW he was talkin about YOU, Joe!!!!! LOL...GOSH I'm SO sorry I missed you guys Sunday. I'm KICKING my ASP as I write this (did I mention I'm double-jointed??? :D)
I'd have loved autographs...well...actually hugs would've sufficed! :hug2: ~juli

In my region, it's always me. I'm constantly in the dog house or something. Saturday night they tried to get me arrested! All in good fun! Art's a good guy and knows he can get away with a lot with me. I take it well I guess.

Sorry I missed you. We've talked about meeting up at a few events and it didn't happen. We end up at one and it was so big we didn't see each other. I'll be looking forward to an event in the future where I can finally get my hug.

Cheers

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my region, it's always me. I'm constantly in the dog house or something. Saturday night they tried to get me arrested! All in good fun! Art's a good guy and knows he can get away with a lot with me. I take it well I guess.
Sorry I missed you. We've talked about meeting up at a few events and it didn't happen. We end up at one and it was so big we didn't see each other. I'll be looking forward to an event in the future where I can finally get my hug.
Cheers

I posted on the OCC picture thread about NAME TAGS for us all...lol...an event THAT huge, 87 Vipers and OTHER cars, so what? 200 or so people in attendance?????
HOW would we EVER know who each other was???? NAME TAGS...with our usernames AND first names on them! I vote YES!
Joe...I anxiously await your hug! Yours AND YELLOH's, and everybody else we missed! (Mike is fine with that! :D) YOU a trouble-maker??? pfffffft* You have the BEST sense of humor!
:2tu: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw joe and rick but i missed julie too! doh!

OH DAMMMMMMIT...you were there TOOOOOO?????? WHERE were you guys?????
Not that I know precisely what you LOOK like...man, I'm grateful to those we DID meet and the ones we already knew...but DAMMMMMIT...I wanted to MEET YOU GUYS TOO! GET a HUG out of it...shmooze for a bit...good gosh, when are we EVER gonna have an event like THIS where we'll all be in one place....:(:(:(...NAME TAGS!!!!
I vote FOR them, those who do NOT want to wear them don't have to....I'd put a HUGE JULI on mine, and believe me, plumcrazy, MIKE would NOT want to wear a name tag either~~lol...juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I need your autograph, Rick...you are FAMOUS...not that you weren't before with that STREET SERPENT of yours...wished I'd seen it...where'd ya park? ~juli

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now it is getting more valuable I don't think I will put it on Ebay, I think I will keep it.
I new it , I new it $$$$$$$$$$.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chad
I remember when I saw my first Viper. Man I wanted a ride in one too. And then one dealer ( that I didn't buy my Viper from) say 10K deposit before he would let me sit in it. I always carry cards of my Viper for kids I meet at gas stations or etc. There faces always light up. It would be hard for me to believe that everyone who lived near Allie wouldn't of done the same thing I did.
I called Allie that morning, it was cloudy and kinda looked like it was going to rain at one point. I told her I was running late, she was understanding, but didn't sound to excited. I pulled up to the house about 2PM. Her and her mom were outside waiting for me and said they could hear me coming. SWEET!!! Allie's face lit right up, she was so excited. She did say to me at one point that if she got struck by lightning that she wouldn't of mind because her life was complete. Thank god that didn't happen. Hear was one thing that I wasn't expecting. Her mom ask me why are you doing this. Nobody today would do this. She told Allie not to get her hopes up to high, people just don't do this. Well I said I have a friend that I have never met in Jawga. He knew someone ( Allie) was having a birthday and was a Viper nut and was dying for a ride in a Viper for her birthday. The question for everyone reading this post, who wouldn't of done what I did. I talk to alot of Viper people and I feel we are all like one big family. Her mom was very grateful, and took all sorts of pictures. Allie got to experience the RED button and fired up the Viper. She was a nice person to go for a ride with. She wasn't affraid to tell me where to drive too and I could tell she was going to make this a ride of a life time. She opened right up, and told me some blonde jokes, and she knows a lot about Viper and trucks. Anyone in a Viper also needs to experience that throw back in the seat and feel the torque. I only saw her grab the OH $hit handle once. Everytime we drove by some boys they would look at her, and I told her they were checking her out. I tried to take her to some busy places but a lot of places were closed for the season by the water. And what is a birthday without DQ ice cream, afterwards she wanted to start up the Viper. She finally did get to see some of her friends while in the Viper. I had just as much fun as she did. Thanks to everyone for all those kind responses. Next year we will take Allie onto a Viper run in N.E. Thank you Chad for eveything.
YELLOH
RICK

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rick, thanks for posting. I talked to her twice yesterday for about an hour each time. Close to all 120mins was spent talking about your Viper and her ride :) Yes, you did make her day....or more accurately, her life :) One of the 1st things she told me was "I can't believe he drove this far for me". I told her "Viper guys have each other's backs like you would not believe, and when it involves us having an excuse to drive our cars, its basically nothing we won't do for each other" :D She took over 50 pics and has them all on her MySpace page! Many years ago, I found out that the GA-VCA was going to be at the track on my birthday weekend and I told my dad I wanted to go to see some Vipers. I ended up getting a short ride in a b/w GTS and we see how that turned out :D If (or when ) she does end up buying a Viper, a big part of the reason will be your generosity of taking her on her first Viper ride! :2tu::headbang:

p.s.--I heard the blonde jokes as well. What do you call a blonde with a brain? A golden retriever :lmao::lmao::lmao:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Rick is a quality guy, no doubt. Have to share a funny story from VOI. My son is attending Brown University in Providence. After talking to Rick for a while about Vipers, my son pulled me aside and with a concerned look on his face and asked if he would "Talk like Rick" after attending school on the east coast. Laughed my ass off :rolaugh: and tried to explain that only happens if you live in BOSTON!

Love the way YELLOH turned out.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad
That would be cool if she does get a Viper. Did she tell you the joke. How did the blonde get a broken nose did she. If she did we will leave that one alone. Allie is a blonde and likes blonde jokes.

John
Thats Funny you say that. I teach at Brown, how to speak Bostonian.
Lesson of the day:
Did you eat ( too long ) jew eat ( that is much faster)
How are you Doing ( Way to long) How ya doin ( see how much faster that is ).
throw in a couple of Wicked Cool. You'll fit right in.
If you practice enough you won't be so tired at the end of the day, you don't need to say all those extra words. LOL
Question to you.
If you live in RI and you go into Newport Creamery ( ice cream place) and order a cabinet. What do you get? (Jeopardy Song)
Thanks for making me laugh this hard tonight.
RICK

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad
That would be cool if she does get a Viper. Did she tell you the joke. How did the blonde get a broken nose did she. If she did we will leave that one alone. Allie is a blonde and likes blonde jokes.

John
RICK

I didn't hear that one. I'll call her tomorrow and get her to tell me :) She did tell me the "what do you call 2 nuns and a blonde?" joke
(two tightends and a wide receiver) :lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notceo