Transmission question

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the differences between the six speed in the viper car and the viper truck?
My guess is none, but I thought I would ask anyways.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your best bet is to call Tator. Gear ratio's are the same and physically the same. But not sure of any differences with sensors since the truck is a GenIII tranny.

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I may have found a good deal on a truck tranny. I am looking to put it in my 70 Charger, sensors and shifters wont matter for that.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I may have found a good deal on a truck tranny. I am looking to put it in my 70 Charger, sensors and shifters wont matter for that.

Let me know how you do. I am presently building a early 70's Challenger but with an updated engine. I was going to put a V10 with the same tranny you mentioned in the car but was told i would have to cut up the entire floor to get the tranny to fit.

I contacted tremec and couldn't find an application that didn't need cutting up the floors.

So I went with a 5.7 hemi and a 727 just bolts right up with no cutting.

let me know what you find out.

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kmrumedy,
I have done some research on this,
A company called Quick Time makes a direct bolt up bell housing for BB mopar to t-56 Viper, t-56 chevy is different but they make on for it to.

A company called Kiesler and a company called Dark horse make kits.
I hear I will have a slight mod to the hole the shifter comes thru.
I am not buying a kit, I will fabricate my own crossmember and come up with a way to put a clutch master cylinder in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno