URGENT!! Help Needed in Central Texas!!!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The annual Sunshine Kids cruise is WAAAAAAY short of cars this year and I thought I'd reach out to the Viper community to see if I could scrounge up a few more guys. The low-down is this:

Every year, Showcars for Kids puts on an annual event called the Sunshine Kids. Children of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers, who have been battling or who are battling cancer participate. Basically the sponsors bus the kids over to San Marcos and SURPRISE! There are a whole bunch of exotic cars waiting there for them to ride in! They file off the bus one-by-one and pick their respective rides, then we get a police ****** from San Marcos to the capital with NO other cars on the street except for us, including I35. The police shut down frontage roads, on-ramps and off-ramps and give these kids the VIP treatment. It's a blast!

Now, the bad news. It's Wednesday, June 11th. We're meeting in south Austin at 7am or in San Marcos at 8am. And they only have 20 cars signed up to take 34 kids.

I know it's short notice, but I just got an email from the event coordinator. If any Austin guys can make it out, or if any Houston, Dallas or San Antonio guys can take some time off, these kids would be eternally grateful.

If you have questions or want to sign up, contact Michael Marr at [email protected]. He'll need your full name, year, make, model and license plate of your car for you to drive.

I can't think of a better excuse to call in sick this week; make a kid's day, drive your Viper AND get a 20-mile police ****** to the Capital?! Please consider coming out, guys; thanks!

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just an update:

Everyone pulled through! Not only did we have enough cars for every kid, but we had enough for the staff too and STILL had some left over! We had 4 GTSs, an SRT droptop and 2 RTs make it out, along with a few GT3s, a 360, a 348, a 550, a Gallardo, a Continental GT, a Prowler, a Ford GT and a handful of other exotics and American muscle!

Thanks to everyone that helped pull together participants at the last minute!

V

Venomiss

Hopefully someone took some pictures to share! What a good turnout last minute!
Congratulations on helping them out.:drive:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully someone took some pictures to share! What a good turnout last minute!
Congratulations on getting helping them out.:drive:

The staff took pictures, and there were a few news crews at the capitol.

If someone knows of a way to pull digital files off of a DVR I should be able to post video.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If someone knows of a way to pull digital files off of a DVR I should be able to post video.

What brand DVR and what channel was it on?

I had a great time. The young lady that rode with me was from Indiana and lived on a farm. She said her entire family are Dodge owners and she had never seen a viper in person. When she walked up to my car I told her that it was going to be a hot ride, windows down and that she would smell like a mechanic after the drive. Her reply was a quick I dont care Im in.

V

Venomiss

Anybody that can do this? We'd love to see the event!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno