Viper more rare than a lambo?

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I am out crusing today,over the course of 2 hours or so I ran into 4 lambos (3 gallardos and a beautiful yellow murci roadster) 2 ferraris, 3 astons,a bentley and a monster sized rolls royce.

now I realize that it's sunday and the weather is gorgeous so I expect to see some other exotics out and about, but why no other vipers?

I've owned this car for almost a year now and 20,000 miles and I have seen probably 6 other vipers total in the course of my travels. are they all locked away in garages somewhere?

also the guys in the lambos and the ferrari all waved or gave me the thumbs up, the guy with the yellow murci (ron) seemed as genuinely interested in my car as I was in his. he mentioned he loved vipers but getting in and out of them was to hard for him. the astons didn't even notice me (or ignored me) and the rolls driver was so old I am not sure he could even see the front of his car. the grille on that car looked like something off of a freight train.

my last run in with another viper was at a gas station. the guy had a 2000 gts black with cognac with 900 miles on it! he said he only drives it once or twice a year as he is a car collector.

are there more lambos on the road than vipers?
that murci is much better looking in person than in pictures.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You transmogrified into a major movie scene. Just like in my movie. But mine was 12 oilfield trucks, 15 redneck pickups, 8 more with grill gaurds and headache racks, 12 low riders from Taurus's to DeVilles, and a herd of cows lost outside their fence.

Your movie is better. Stick with it.

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, welcome to collier county florida. One side of town has exotics everywhere (especially during "season"), the other side has swamp buggies and clapped out hondas.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Vipers are rarer than Lambo's. I see the Gallardo's in CT at least once a week when the weather is nice. I have only seen two Murci's, one guy was pulled over by a state trooper:omg: .

I have seen exactly two other SRT's on the road unless I am at a Viper event. I see the Gen 1's and Gen 2's more frequently, but still not as frequently as I see Lambo's and Ferrari's. Ferrari's are almost as common as Porsches in Fairfield County, CT.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most vipers are stashed away in garages for eternity. if they arent driven, they will be worth a gajillion dollars someday.

so why on EARTH, are you driving YOURS? :dunno: :rolleyes:

(j/k) :D

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to see SRTs commonly when I traveled on the same roads as one or two of our other members here, but that is not the rule for CT. SRTs are a more commons site thane GenI/II where I am, but I concur with Black Mamba that Ferraris and Porsches are like belly buttons when you're out for a drive. I have seen only two Lambos in CT, but more NSXs.

The new common sighting in the last year has become the Aston Martin. Before 2007, I can safely say that I had NEVER seen one on the road. Just last summer I came across them on no fewer than six occasions.... and I don't frequent the Fairfield or West Hartford scene. Of course, Corvettes are more numerous than Mustangs in Wallingford and Niantic! LOL

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Vipe but put a Murci next to the Vipe in a show and see who really gets all the attention. And it should for that kind of coin and build design. The Lambo is a true super car exotic. (Whats up with that ridiculous see thru plastic piece on the ZR1 hood?)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my Viper I narrowed the choice down to a Ferrari 360 Modena, or a Murcielago. The dealer had a black Ferrari 360 and a red one and a yellow one on the showroom floor...and of course the black SRT. Side by side, the SRT is ten times more aggressive looking than the Ferraris. Also, I could find no one that could modify the 360 or the Murcielago at the time...meaning that a s/c or TT Viper would blow the doors off both of those cars. Novitec Rossi has a mod for the 430 Ferrari, but for the 360?? nada.

Vipers are rarer b/c since they are expensive, but really appeal to the blue collar regular guy...most guys that spend north of 90k for a car tend to prefer the European stuff:omg: .

I see Aston Martins up here in CT frequently, especially around Stamford and Greenwich. I would see two or three a weekend.

I drive my Viper all the time, that is what it is for! I really dont care about re-sale b/c it would be very difficult for me to part w/ what I consider one of my first born!

rmani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two rarest cars that I see are the acura nsx and the dodge viper. the town I live in on a nice day i see at least 2-3 ferrari f430s or 360 spiders, and the occaisonal gallardo or murcielago. Even when I go to south beach or hollywood I see 10x the amount of lambos and ferraris than vipers. O yeah I also see bentleys every day and porsches, i can't count how many i pass just at the local grocery store.

This is one of the main reasons i want a viper so badly i love having a car that so few others also own, but one that is also easily recognizable by non-car enthusiasts. I also agree that vipers, because they are expensive and american aren't as appealing to really rich people.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had to have my wisdom teeth extracted today. On the was home from the surgeon I saw 2 Ferrari's, and 12 (TWELVE) Corvettes. Not a single Viper. The Dr's office is about a 20 minute drive.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Miami a few weeks ago. We stayed in South Beach. Saw several Ferraris, a few Lamborghini's and more Bentley's than I could count. 0 Vipers. Total # of Vipers we saw when traveling from Middle GA to Miami, driving around Miami, stopping in 2-3 other FL cities on the way home (West Palm Beach, Daytona Beach, etc), and finally getting home...zero.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even here in New Zealand I see more Ferarris, Aston Martins, Bentley's and a ton more Porsches than Vipers. Yes - there are even more Lambos in NZ than Vipers. I see at least 1 Gallardo or Murcie a week. A Viper on the road is a 1 in every 2 months event if at all (not counting my buddy of course whom I see from time to time)...

the last time he kindly came to give my son a ride in his dream car for his 13th birthday - you should have seen the smile on my sons face when he got back from his wheel spinning ride in a 1000hp Heffner SRT10 TT. He will talk about that for years to come. Thanks Ray!

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"In the end the Viper will be rarer due to being cancelled"

I like the rarer part, but cancelled?

as Layne Staley said "you'd be well advised not to plan the funeral until the body dies"

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Atlanta you see Gallardo's, Bentley coupe, Ferrari's but very few vipers. Thats the way I like it:2tu:

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rarest car on the road in the UK is the Viper, what with the price of gas, width of the roads and the lack of electronics to help you drive it.

Ferrari's are pretty common Porsche 2 a penny Lambos....last car show three Lambo's and one lone Viper......mine.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a other post it said up till now there where 25300 vipers made to date,not counting the ones made today.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do a lot of weekend cruising around Long Island just for the fun of it (therapy?) as I work out of my home and NEED to get out a drive. Long Island has a pretty dense population. I rarely ever see another Viper, maybe once in a month pass by. Ferrari's yes, Lambo now and then and vettes? Forget about Vettes there are hundreds. Viper absolutely the rarest sighting.

Joe Ferrucio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankyou Max Daddy! So they have made 5000+ more Vipers than all of Lamborghini's production since birth. I see more Vipers on a regular basis than I do Fieros or AMC Pacers, Vegas, Pintos, any Fiat, a Renault, a Corvair, Model T, etc(I could list them forever- it's really amazing all of the cars that used to be everywhere and are now pretty much gone)of any sort and I would bet it's the same for you if your truthful. It's cool to see a Viper, but if you see a Lamborghini of any model your pretty lucky, especially a pre Audi Lamborghini.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I have a 95 gen1, but my brother has 2 lambos, his buddy has a diablo, they must out number us 3 to 1..............................

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see more Vipers on a regular basis than I do Fieros or AMC Pacers, Vegas, Pintos, any Fiat, a Renault, a Corvair, Model T, etc

It's cool to see a Viper, but if you see a Lamborghini of any model your pretty lucky, especially a pre Audi Lamborghini.

most of those other cars are rarely seen because a good portion of them have rusted to death.they are not even in the same grouping as a Viper and most of them I would not consider exotics.

I think a lot of what kind of cars you see around is based on where you are.

down here in south west florida ferraris are everywhere, they are beautiful, but they are pretty common. same with the lambos.
I see at least 2 a day, and on weekends exotics are everywhere. down here porsches' are like vettes, all over all the time. astons are a daily occurence as are maseratis and bentleys.

there is a porsche /audi/jag/aston dealer in town so that explains why so many people are driving them locally (along with high incomes).

I did see a nice yellow RT/10 with aftermarket chrome rims for sale yesterday in a driveway in port charlotte, parked in front (as it should be) of a yellow vette that was also for sale.

I like seeing lambos but I wouldn't consider it lucky, just a happenstance due to location.

I can count on 2 hands how many vipers I have seen in the last year, but I see that many lambos weekly, usually 3 or 4 on saturday night alone on 5th ave.

I would love to own a ferrari or lambo but I like the exclusivity of the Viper.

Its violent, excessive, uncivilized, antisocial, impractical, unneccesary, bodacious. its poetry in motion.
and that is why I love it!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankyou Max Daddy! So they have made 5000+ more Vipers than all of Lamborghini's production since birth. I see more Vipers on a regular basis than I do Fieros or AMC Pacers, Vegas, Pintos, any Fiat, a Renault, a Corvair, Model T, etc(I could list them forever- it's really amazing all of the cars that used to be everywhere and are now pretty much gone)of any sort and I would bet it's the same for you if your truthful. It's cool to see a Viper, but if you see a Lamborghini of any model your pretty lucky, especially a pre Audi Lamborghini.
Dude, u r smoking crack or something. Of course you are going to see more Vipers than antique cars, but YOU will not see more Vipers than Lambo's or Ferrar's or Aston Martins. Why?
B/c Vipers are crashed at a much higher rate than those cars and are still a very limited production vehicle. Viper drivers drive the snot out of their cars for the most part. Exotic Euro guys mostly use their cars for eye candy.

rmani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, u r smoking crack or something. Of course you are going to see more Vipers than antique cars, but YOU will not see more Vipers than Lambo's or Ferrar's or Aston Martins. Why?
B/c Vipers are crashed at a much higher rate than those cars and are still a very limited production vehicle. Viper drivers drive the snot out of their cars for the most part. Exotic Euro guys mostly use their cars for eye candy.

This is a really good point and something I was also thinking. I think vipers probably have the highest crash/made ratio of almost any car out there. I remember when they first came out all I heard about was how expensive they are to insure because so many people were crashing them. Vipers also appeal and are more available to younger drivers who are also more likely to drive them hard and pushed to the limit.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont' see too many vipers, pretty much just when I meet up with the other viper owners. I have seen maybe a Handful of lamborghinis in my life where I live.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I would see more Vipers, as well. I guess different areas have different types of cars. I drive all over the place for work, and hardly ever see any exotics. I don't know if it's considered an "exotic" or not, but I think the Lotus (save the Elise since it came out) is the most rare I ever see, followed by Lamborghini, then the Viper. I see NSX's all over the place. One time I went up to a popular cruise spot and saw 3 Vipers filling up with gas. We ended up cruising around with those guys, and I saw them a couple more times. I used to also regularly see an SRT Viper near a mall close to my house, and would drive around with him as well. Other than that, I really don't see them very often. It's kind of sad.

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Vipers all the time oh wait a minute that would be C5s & C6s....In my tiburon my daily drive in NC everytime I drive it I am always behind a
C5 or C6...In my Viper I always see the C5s & C6s in my rear view mirror

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a yellow RT10 last week on the road but it's true that you don't see many of them. I see a viper and a lambo in my garage everything along with my other cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno