Viper Owners Care about Chrysler!!!!!!!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is to let Chrysler Know we care about the future of our Viper and the many other great Chrylser products. I know a VOI may strongly depend on how well they can market new stuff and hope it is more then just a big party to us.

Well, I used to be a Chevy guy. Owned about 6 different Chevy cars/trucks, all bought new. After owning the Viper, I feel Im on the Chrysler team for life. If I buy American,it is Chrsler. After owning a Viper, I visit the dealer often to buy maintenance parts,filters,etc, So I often browse the showroom. I see alot of great cars, trucks, especially the whole SRT line.

While I dont own another Chrysler product, I have definately considered the SRT8 Jeep as a daily driver. I have two good friends who both own Vipers and have both recently purchased a SRT8 Jeep. They probably wouldnt have done that if they didnt own the Viper first. I have many friends I know that couldnt afford the Viper and it wasnt practical for them. So after seeing my car, they went and bought a Charger or a Magnum,even a SRT 4 which is a cool little car. Just so they could be part of the Viper family,the Chrysler family.

In another thread I was impressed that many said that 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 7 vehicles were a Chrysler product. After buying a Viper, it was 4 of 5 or 6 of 7 vehicles were now Chrsler products. I have 1 of 3 vehicles being a Chrysler,though Id like to see it change to more like 2 0f 4 or 3 of 4. I just love the whole SRT lineup. I want one of each. I know many of you have Dodge trucks as work trucks, maybe whole fleets for your business. Many put the wife in a Jeep GC or SRT8. I know we have all influenced a friend or many others in their Chrysler purchase.

Someone mentioned "They" (I guess Chrysler) needs to hear this. So I guess this thread is started to go along with all the many others, to let Chrysler know we care. We arent just looking for a free party. We are interested in whats new, whats in the works, where is Chryler headed. What will they do to keep kicking Chevy's butt. Where is the SRT line headed etc. I believe these are all things we care about. What is the future of our Viper. I believe the Viper is special, I believe the owners are unique. I believe we all cheerish and look forward to each VOI, even if we cant all attend. I dont think anyone takes for granted what Chrysler does for us. I know some dont like all the marketing, but even I came to realize its just part of doing business. Will I listen to a pitch about minivans and work trucks...YES. Will I be more excited about the SRT line...YES, Do I want see the Viper continue and always be KING....YES ,will I tell friends,family and co-workers what I see from Chrysler...YES. Do I want to see VOI's continue..YES!!!!
Did Chrsyler change my life/our lives.........YES, We drive Viper's :usa: :headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed.

Many of us are business owners that had never set foot in a Dodge dealership unless to get a mini van for the Mrs.

We got to know these dealers, and entrusted them to take good care of our beloved Vipers.

This relationship, in many cases has blossomed to that of trusted friends.

In turn we returned to these dealerships when we need personal cars, suvs or service.

Many of us have converted our corporate fleets to Dodge.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was a Chevy guy, multiple Corvette offender for many years, and GM guy for ALL other cars. Post the 2000 GTS purchase there have been 2 more Vipers plus an 08 coming and all other purchases were Chrysler. 300C, 300CSRT8, Durango and more. I might also add that the last three personal dailys were Lexus LS400, Infiniti Q45 and BMW M5. The current driver is a 300C SRT8.

Plus countless referrals. When folks know you are a car guy they tend to ask advice. I can't even recall how many potential Tahoe/Expedition deals I have killed. My neighborhood is now overflowing with Durangos as the primary SUV seen. And when I was asked about compact cars I used to say "If you just want transportation you can't go wrong with a Toyota." I now say "You really ought to check out the smaller Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, the quality is equal to the Japanese and there is a lifetime powertrain warranty on them.
And I have steered many away from BMW/Infiniti/Lexus/and MERCEDES (Hey, I can say that now) to the 300C/Charger experience.

But the ones I have the most fun with are the Soccer Mom Minivan drivers who don't believe there is a good minivan made in America and actually think Japan invented the concept. Those are really fun victories when they drive up in a Caravan after taking the time to look at it and realizing all the content the vehicle has. If I had not debated them on the issue they flat would not have visited the dealer to look.

That's the real value to Chrysler of the Viper owner. Rarely does a day go by that each of us is not asked advice by a potential purchaser. Multiply the number of Viper owners out there by just a couple times a week conversation with a potential buyer headed to a competing showroom and I bet we are succesful in getting at least 2/3rds of the people we talk to into a Dodge/Chrysler showroom who would NEVER have thought of going there. Once in the showroom, the product really is good enough to sell itself these days.

So do the numbers, and these are CONVERSION sales, many from folks addicted to the Japanese cars.
Hey, and unlike all that expensive advertising, we're free...... except for VOI. Just yesterday a business associate asked me why I was such a rabid Viper fan as opposed to any other brand of sports cars, I found myself talking first about the unique relationship Dodge has with it's owner group and SPECIFICALLY about VOI. Even Ferrari guys get it when you tell them about VOI.

Last edited:

Robsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first Dodge was our '01 ACR and loved it so much we bought an '04 Viper a year later -- so we are now a 2 Dodge car onwer.

I also owned 4 Vettes at once and now own none of those anymore.

The new Challenger is almost a sure bet for me -- as soon as it is offered in a 6 speed stick ('09 I think). I would never have considered a "regular" Dodge car product before owning our Vipers.

Our last experience with VOI.9 (and our first) was terrific.

We plan to buy more Dodge products and also hope that Dodge sees the value of these showcase events for us owners.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My last two new car purchases are both Chrysler, Vipe and SRT8. I had never seen the inside of a Chrysler showroom - the Viper got me in, the SRT8 sealed me inside.

Long live the Viper!!:usa:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been eyeing a second for awhile and now just jumped off the fence; really wanted the SRT8 but I already had an overextended budget so I got the next best thing (only because the deal was too good to walk away from); a 300C with the SRT Pkg. It's still a mean Mopar! Mods will be a lot easier with this than the Viper. But I intend to finish the Viper first. Anyway, here's to Chrysler; a new leftover 2007 300C finds a new home.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I currently own 22 cars, 17 are Chrysler products,

...of the 17, 6 are vintage MOPAR Muscle Cars, the other 11 less than a few years old

...the 5 non Chrysler products are GM, and 3 are vintage Muscle Cars

...I will buy more if they make enough Challengers to go around, it's up to Chrysler how badly they want my $$$ :eater:

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper was the first Dodge product I have ever owned. It has lead to the purchase of a Chrysler SRT8 and the future purchase of a truck.

I am looking forward to VOI 10!!!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper ACR is my first Dodge product. Currently own Jags and a Toyota. Would consider buying further Dodge products, based on the great experience with the Viper.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's great to hear, I agree with promoting this. Yet, be aware that they have dedicated departments with numerous people studying the market, they have graphed and analyzed the population of buyers with extremely complicated statistical programs, based on age, the generations, new buyers, old buyers, loyal buyers, predicting gas prices, imports, wars, technology, competitors products, etc.. so much that it would be overwhelming to comprehend. I've seen it at a couple of these manufacturers, and to tell you the truth.. I couldn't absorb it, good luck..

The whole problem is producing a vehicle that the public wants to buy at that particular time. Disregard the type of buyer for this example..

If a car is a big hit at a autoshow, it takes up to 3 years minimum to manufacture the car on an existing platform. Quite a bit changes over 3 years, styling, competitors, gas mileage, technology, etc.. In the past with NA manufacturers it took 7 years from the drawing board to manufacture a car from, such as a point at which it was only a concept car from scratch (not a platform variant, i.e. the new Challenger from the LX platform).

I've worked on designs that were 5 years or so ahead of time, and what people see on the showroom floor is old to us design folks. So, the point is that there are already designs in motion, it's practically irreversible once the decision has been made. What you see on the showroom floor has been designed 3 - 7 years ago.

Sorry that I'm spinning off on a tangent to the post, but it's good to parade the positive emotion towards a company, but believe me, they already know it.. :2tu:

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, I feel the company would be stupid to cease production of the Viper. If the Viper is not making money then perhaps they need to increase the MSRP. If the vehicle is sitting because it is expensive to buy, then they need to reduce production.
Bottom line is a company needs a Halo car. The Viper is by far the best Halo car in America. Gm has their Vette, but it is almost a daily driver.
Ford? what do they have now.... GT500 Mustang is about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd