Viper Pure Performance Book

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriend was sweet enough to think of an interesting gift for me for xmas. She stumbled upon the The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper. She purchased the book "Viper Pure performance by Dodge". She paid over $40.00 for the book and $10 for shipping and received it today. To her surprise and mine the book is in lousy condition. In fact the book has engraving from a child writing their name and using the book as a backer. The book cover is littered with child engraving.

Nonetheless, my girlfriend is upset and i am amazed someone would sell something like this in the condition that the book is in.

Question how do i tell whether this book is real if it even is? Is the picture on the cover supposed to be glued on? Also what is the background on the book? I have owned a viper for the last 3 years and never heard of the book or seen it mentioned.

She is upset and i am not happy.

Can someone fill me in on this book?

Tom

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a copy of this book for many years- it was published in 1993. Mine is a weird sort-of hardcover (kind of like the covers are "padded" ) and, yes, there is a photo of a red RT10 glued onto the cover.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, she could have gotten the book on e-bay for less than 20 bucks. I've had trouble with the viperstore in the past. So have some others. The good news is when I voiced displeasure over my dealings, they refunded the entire amount, including shipping. You may want to try.

~Craig

V

Venomiss

My girlfriend was sweet enough to think of an interesting gift for me for xmas. She stumbled upon the The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper. She purchased the book "Viper Pure performance by Dodge". She paid over $40.00 for the book and $10 for shipping and received it today. To her surprise and mine the book is in lousy condition. In fact the book has engraving from a child writing their name and using the book as a backer. The book cover is littered with child engraving.

Nonetheless, my girlfriend is upset and i am amazed someone would sell something like this in the condition that the book is in.

Question how do i tell whether this book is real if it even is? Is the picture on the cover supposed to be glued on? Also what is the background on the book? I have owned a viper for the last 3 years and never heard of the book or seen it mentioned.

She is upset and i am not happy.

Can someone fill me in on this book?

Tom

So what happened? Did you get your refund ?:dunno:

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the book and it is a weird hardback with a padded cover and a photo glued on it. I bought mine mint on ebay for about $5.00

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a 1996 Viper GTS sales brochure from The Viper Store and didn't receive it for approximately 6 months. I sent countless emails that were never returned and called them on numerous occassions to no avail. Needless to say their customer service is absolutely brutal!

In the end I had to complain about their service on the VCA and then I finally received some service. When I did receive the brochure it had clearly been folded along the binding. Not what I would call 'brand new'.

My recommendation is to call them on a regular basis and complain. Do not send emails as they will not be returned.

Good luck. ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a 1996 Viper GTS sales brochure from The Viper Store and didn't receive it for approximately 6 months. I sent countless emails that were never returned and called them on numerous occassions to no avail. Needless to say their customer service is absolutely brutal!

In the end I had to complain about their service on the VCA and then I finally received some service. When I did receive the brochure it had clearly been folded along the binding. Not what I would call 'brand new'.

My recommendation is to call them on a regular basis and complain. Do not send emails as they will not be returned.

Good luck. ;)

Hey!

Why aren't you working on your car? And updating your post???

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck. ;)

Its sad how many threads are popping up about owners being ripped off by once respected Viper vendors/tuners. I checked Amazon earlier, the book is as low as $8 shipped. I'd complain and try to get a refund. Still a nice thought from your gf, you owe her a nice dinner :2tu:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its sad how many threads are popping up about owners being ripped off by once respected Viper vendors/tuners. I checked Amazon earlier, the book is as low as $8 shipped. I'd complain and try to get a refund. Still a nice thought from your gf, you owe her a nice dinner :2tu:

I would be on cloud nine if my wife bought me something for my Viper and/or my obsesive Viper hobby :D

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry.

I follow your thread.

I can hold up in court.

Sorry.

:rolaugh: Didn't you see that I just pulled the engine and disassembled it?

Any way, not trying to hi-jack your thread...I wish you all the luck with getting a full refund for your book. Nader...does you GF have a sister? Oh right :omg: I'm married :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd