VIPER Sighting----In PERU

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I just returned from 2 wonderful weeks in Peru where we were the guests of our friends the Minister of Finance.

This is Viper related I promise.

We saw tons of ancient ruins and had private tours in areas the locals don’t probably know about. I will post some of the really cool pics later.

Our friends took me to a car museum just outside of Lima. It is a privately held collection that is open a couple of days a week.

The museum was not open to the public this day, but I was taken there to look at the cars as well as the resto shop where the vehicles are prepared for display. As we approached the garage area where the restored cars were, a garage door opened and there looking out into the morning sun was A VIPER. It’s a silver RT 10 with factory hard top that looks almost new.

The person who was taking us around the museum didn’t know much about the car other that it had been around for about a year and was going to eventually go on display. Here is the VIN off of the car: 1B3ER65EXWV401121.

Can someone run the VIN to find out where the car came from? I wasn’t able to see how many miles were on the vehicle.

The picture of the car shows the minister on the left and me on the right. He is really a corvette fan but when he visits us in Wisconsin regularly he loves the ride in my '04. He does have a farm here in Wisconsin also and drives a cummins powered Ram Truck.

There are about 60+ fully restored from the oldest Audi in the world (1915) to Stutz’s, Auburns, Lancia, Ford, Renault, Plymouth, Rolls, Shelby’s and many more.

Here is the website of the museum: Index

Attachments

• DSCF0289 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0289 (Medium).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0315 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0315 (Medium).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 114

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a few friends from Peru, it may be sometimes better not to know where things came from...:D
or maybe I just had bad friends?

Either case, looks like a nice collection!

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 5 billion vehicle history events and found 2 record(s) for this 1998 DODGE VIPER RT-10 (1B3ER65EXWV401121).
You must be registered for see images
Date:Mileage:Source:Comments:11/25/1998 Vehicle Exporter Vehicle exported from
Port Everglades, FL
and imported to
Peru 05/16/2002 Chrysler Manufacturer Safety recall issued
#998 STEERING AND DIFFERENTIAL FRAME REPAIR
Click here for a copy of the owner letter for this Recall or call 1- 800-853-1403 if you have any questions or need additional information on this recall

V

Venomiss

This was neat and thank you for the pictures of the Viper in the museum.:2tu:

Peru...on my list for the future.:)

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 5 billion vehicle history events and found 2 record(s) for this 1998 DODGE VIPER RT-10 (1B3ER65EXWV401121).
Date:Mileage:Source:Comments:11/25/1998 Vehicle Exporter Vehicle exported from
Port Everglades, FL
and imported to
Peru 05/16/2002 Chrysler Manufacturer Safety recall issued
#998 STEERING AND DIFFERENTIAL FRAME REPAIR
Click here for a copy of the owner letter for this Recall or call 1- 800-853-1403 if you have any questions or need additional information on this recall

hey David can you run a VIN for me as well??

my email is [email protected]

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno