ViperDays pics

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
words and pics by one of our UK members Mich, who did the annual trip to Sebring:

We took a ride down to Sebring for the Viper days meeting not as many in attendance as last year I guess that the economic slow down is showing in many parts of the market UK & US. Anyway it was really hot at Sebring people saying that it was the hottest day of the year so far and I can believe it the heat bouncing of the concrete was amazing and the cars where really suffering hot tyres and brakes combined with hot air meant that cars where down on power as well. Chuck Babel was there campaigning again (what a star) he had a ***** of a weekend with burst tyres and serious competition from a car that was to say the least stretching the rules of his group to the max. Anyway great to see all the cars and some good racing with the race on Sunday being taken by the local lad Lee in the 44 car having chased down and passed the Port Lavaca 33 car with there new colour scheme from last years. I think that this year was the most damaged cars I have seen, just shows how hard these guys where pushing the 007 car was a real mess and 2 of the privateer hit hard along with one of the neons srt4s showing battle scars, it has to be said that there are not many places that Sebring is forgiving with concrete walls on both side at most places you get it wrong there and its for sure your going to get some damage.
Few pics of the day

You must be registered for see images attach

Suzy just picking up our hire car (Yer right) now this is what you call racing brand new car less than a month old drives from Miami and then goes racing and the guy does really well s
o maybe green is the new fastest colour?

Chuck was having bad weekend new rubber on the car and 3 or 4 runs on new tyres he gets a puncture bye bye tyre that was his second puncture of the weekend.
As much as we all love the grundge look Chuck I figure that if you POLISH the car maybe you could get that second a lap your looking for ļ or maybe not.
Anyway a great drive by Chuck against stiff opposition.
More Pics

You can see the 007 car right at the end under the tarp

Sorry but these last 3 are not up to the master's standard but good action shots anyway

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, thanks for posting. Like the paint on green/white 44. Curious, any explanation of tire puncture on Chuck's car?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, thanks for posting. Like the paint on green/white 44. Curious, any explanation of tire puncture on Chuck's car?

Well, the first one was the result of a massive flatspot going into 17 which shredded on the front stretch at about 135mph. Immediately pulling onto the access road resulted in a minor brake fire, a shot of fire extinguisher and everything snowballed downhill from there.

The new replacement Hoosier picked up a puncture near the end of a session. The hole wasn't big and I couldn't find what punctured it.

I spent about twice as much as I planned and lost 25lbs. It was about the dumbest track weekend I've ever had but I still had a blast. If anyone wants to send me 5K so I can go to Mid Ohio I'll be your friend for life.

Mitch, Suzie, thanks for coming. Great seeing you as always. :2tu:

Mitch, here is that website to the oval track school DriveTech Racing School | School Of Racing | Drive a real NASCAR | NASCAR driving school | Drive a real NASCAR racecar | Drive A Real NASCAR race car | Drive a real NASCAR car Good times.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for sharing ... noticed that no interm results seem to be available online for those not in town watching ... maybe something that can be improved in future????
Even now results not posted :(

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing pictures!
For some reason, it's always a challenge to find cool racing Viper pictures on the net.

Thanks for posting.

Jerry

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing pictures!
For some reason, it's always a challenge to find cool racing Viper pictures on the net.

Thanks for posting.

Jerry

you need to get the track then ;)
i have a hard disc full of racing vipers which ive snapped, a couple of viperdays events including Chucks #34, Lemans 24H, Nurburgring, nearly every UK track has had a viper on it.... went to a FIA GT race a few years ago which had 9 vipers in it, those were the days :headbang:

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil I was driving the Blue Aqua Port Lavacka car and you were nice enough to stop by and visit. I ant to apologioze for not spending more time deiscussing the car but we were out getting ready for qualifying. I would enjoy picking up from where we left off about arrive and drive program or maybe snatching up the car I was driving that did not have any carnage. I have seen you post for awhile and sorry I did not introduce myself. Thanks for popping by and let me know if you are interested in flying in and driving or are interested in discussing any of the particulars about what a weekend costs. Hope you made it home safe and sound.

Bernie

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry Bernie youve got the wrong end of the stick, i wasnt at Sebring this year i just posted the pics for Mich, he's the one with the pilots license whom you chatted with, though i have emailed him this thread

Neil

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, just noticed these...THANK you Neil and your friend, Mich for the GORGEOUS pics and commentary...saved 'em!!! ~juli

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I was there! Thanks for bringing us the pics, awesome cars and track.
TVC unlucky re the punctures, how about some more tire sales ads for tire sponsorship!

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, and the support, I remember you guys/gals from last year. I even gave someone a ride last year. It's great to see the support from abroad. Thanks for the close up shots of "chucks" car, I see he had it "detailed" again before he came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!See ya there next year too!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you gave a guy called Andrew a few laps last year, he still talks about his Sebring laps

i had a few fantastic laps last year with a guy in the GTS who travelled all the way from Las Vegas, he was a great driver who skillfully gave commentry while driving at 80% as we chatted with his onboard communications via microphones and earpeices

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Neil,

good memory, Andrew, it was, he had a Viper Truck if my memory serves me. I saw you this year, but didnt have a chance to say hello, no rides either??? Will your group make the trip again next year???

Always a good time at Viper Days, :clap:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno