Wanna get a new Exhaust on my Stock Viper.. Need vids/sound clips or info!!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I know I have posted threads regarding this before but I'm very eager to get a new exhaust soon. I was gonna wait until I finished paying off my credit card for all the audio equipment I got- but screw it... I want my car to sound better asap.. since I currently have the stock exhaust on it..

I have heard Borla isn't so great- or at least from what People say you either hate it or love it.. I do know it is loud though.. and I am looking for a loud exhaust but something that sounds good and not so loud that it will compete with my new sound system.

Gary Almond suggests B&B since he used to have that setup in his Viper before he sold it. I haven't heard anyone else say anything in regards to the B&B exhaust so if anyone recommends that as well please let me know..

I hear people talking about the Corsa all the time on here.. on how it sounds like a very clean sound you would normally hear on an exotic sports car but not as loud as some other exhausts but a favorite to many..

My friend has Belanger and I have heard a lot of talk on this exhaust as well.. some say it to be very loud and sounds great..

Does anyone have personal videos of their cars with any of these 4 exhausts.. I am mainly concerned with hearing any of these exhausts on a STOCK Viper since mine is Stock and I plan on leaving my whole car stock other then what has been done with the interior of the car and most likely new wheels next year..

All Feedback is appreciated since I hope to have a new exhaust ordered soon so that I can have it shipped to Chuck Tator for when I go down to visit him next month..

Thanks! :2tu:
Anthony

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's one. Mine is the second Silver R/T 10 (first one is JD). You can pretty much hear me all over the track. I've got B & B's, no cats. Hope this helps.
Chip

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is SICK! I think I know what exhaust I want now. Are there any other mods that contribute to your sound?

D

DAMN YANKEE

pay off your cards first...then start to save enough to buy your exhaust.

Your beginning to sound like Hillary....

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how much they contribute to sound, but: K&N's, 1.7 H/S's, also. I've been very pleased with the sound. A little loud inside at acceleration, some "gurgling" at decel, yet quite enough cruising on interstate.:2tu:. Wife (Viper Twin Lisa), doesn't mind the noise, but prefers windows up to cut down on exhaust smell. Hope this helps also.:headbang::naughty::naughty:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
listening to vids and stuff is BS. go hangout with a few different vipers and when ya hear one that sounds good to you, ask what he has done. theres no way to do it online

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im trying to do the same thing with my 05 .... probably corsa cat back will do me just fine.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nice flames out the back on the last pass. :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's one. Mine is the second Silver R/T 10 (first one is JD). You can pretty much hear me all over the track. I've got B & B's, no cats. Hope this helps.
Chip

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar street exhaust 2.5 with Ranom Tech 3" highflow cats. The sound is great not to loud but louder than stock. The performance is great too.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
burnout in my 98sc'd GTS (stock headers, Roe Hi-flow Cats and R/T catback) as well as idle with a couple revs of (No Cats, 1 3/4 Headers, Corsa track exhaust) 01 Roe sc'd GTS uploaded to youtube. There is also many exhaust sound vids on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

My 01 sounds much like the above Belanger.

The R/T was pretty quiet at cruising under 2,000rpm, the Corsa even quieter at cruise, but tons louder at WOT. Both work well with my stereo and phone. WOT, who cares?

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno