What setup is this???

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came across this picture. Does anyone know what set up this is?

You must be registered for see images attach

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
underground. see the poster above for more info

Not an Underground car. Started out as a Heffner car, and Ross at Dynosaur Performance did a lot of custom work on it (Horizontal FMIC, single intake pipe, etc.). PM Kllymartin on here for details as it's his car.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be Kelly Martin's Twin Turbo SRT. The car is really black...with a white body wrap.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that's a Twin Turbo set up. I thought it might have been a single turbo car. Wonder what the reason for the single intake pipe. Looks clean!

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's my car.
The charge pipe was changed when I had the FMIC changed...due to high IAT's.
The single pipe is actually larger than the two smaller pipes of the previous set-up.
It runs high 9's in the 1/4 and low 200's in the standing mile at 50% throttle. :D

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my car.
The charge pipe was changed when I had the FMIC changed...due to high IAT's.
The single pipe is actually larger than the two smaller pipes of the previous set-up.
It runs high 9's in the 1/4 and low 200's in the standing mile at 50% throttle. :D

You only run 50% throttle when running slicks at the drag strip? Riiiiiiiigggghhtttttt.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the set up Kllymartin. Your car sounds like a beast!!!

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean on your 9.95 pass? Please don't act like you've been in the low 9's. The irony that your big bad TT on radials is slower than me on a 20" invo on 12lbs is just funny.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You mean on your 9.95 pass? Please don't act like you've been in the low 9's. The irony that your big bad TT on radials is slower than me on a 20" invo on 12lbs is just funny.

When have I acted like I've ran low 9's?
I've made some other runs, that you are clueless of.
Just wait a bit, and you'll have to go back and figure out that you'll need more than a handicapped automatic in your car to compete.
I've run quicker than a 9.95...still with a lazy 1.8 60'....stay tuned.
What's really funny is that somebody decided to tag this thread. With something that is obvious to most on the VCA and VA. :lmao:

Toodles Mr. I have an 8 second car, but I haven't even touched deep 9's with my automatic transmission. :2tu:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My offer from a year ago stands anytime you want. You on slicks and me on street tires. Best 3 out of 5 for 5k a pass. Go build some houses so you can afford to pay me when you lose.

Come to Rockingham in the fall when we're testing. Obviously not running during the 100+ degree summer we're having. Want to lay a bet on if I can run an 8 second run on my invo's? I don't have an 8 second car by the way, this car has been 7's prior to my ownership, but nice try :D

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My offer from a year ago stands anytime you want. You on slicks and me on street tires. Best 3 out of 5 for 5k a pass. Go build some houses so you can afford to pay me when you lose.

Come to Rockingham in the fall when we're testing. Obviously not running during the 100+ degree summer we're having. Want to lay a bet on if I can run an 8 second run on my invo's? I don't have an 8 second car by the way, this car has been 7's prior to my ownership, but nice try :D

Know that nobody cares what you run with an automatic...unless it's in the 7's.
If you had access to certain areas on VA you'd know this. :D
And I know your car has been 7's...with a different owner, and different driver, before it was wrecked, then salvaged and you buying it and repainting it blue.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to bet on the title being salvaged? I have it right here. Then again, you love to spout off about things you know nothing about. I don't care that people don't like the auto conversion. Was done before I had the car. The irony of you talking about salvaged cars with your history of running into stationary objects, too funny.

I always find it funny that nobody has ever seen you do any of these great runs you talk about. When was the last time you made it to a car event and didn't leave with major breakage? Someone's always messing with your gas, you have random sputtering problems (only after you got ***** by a stock block lambo) and you like to break transmissions. The irony is how much you brag in regards to driving your car around problem free, until other people are around.

The banter is always good. You talk about things you know nothing about and brag about things nobody has seen. I hope we make it to the same track one day. I'm sure you'll just lay back on the excuse of "you have an auto"

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Defensive butthurtedness at it's finest :lmao:
You're a car guy with the mentality of a squid biker boi.

Last edited:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's all you usually have to fall back on, banter. Let me know if you want to race that bucket of bolts some time. One thing none of us will argue, is your location. Everyone knows you've loved the big "d" for awhile. :)

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His questioned was answered and then Kelly and I did our usual bs'ing. Then anton thought he'd move to 6th grade and tag the thread as 1fag400 is jealous. So original!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have several 8 and 9 second street cars out here, lets got to the track and run some numbers!

We can do the eight and quarter mile.

Lets have some fun, slowest tuner buys dinner and gets to met my sister.

Last edited:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only do street tire stuff right now. Haven't tried running with radials. Nobody has come close to running 8's on a set of Invo's yet. That's what I'm shooting for in the fall.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets have some fun, slowest tuner buys dinner and gets to met my sister.

S t r e t c h i n g it might be the only 7 or 8 we see out of either of these guys, and I would say that is a greater s t r e t c h than running the number.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His questioned was answered and then Kelly and I did our usual bs'ing. Then anton thought he'd move to 6th grade and tag the thread as 1fag400 is jealous. So original!

What?????? Im lost i didnt tag this thread with anything. What are you talking about?