2nd Gen. Supercharged Q's

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
would you be scare if the hood sits a little bit under the front bumper?

Not sure if you're meaning that the hood or nose needs a slight adjustment or if you're saying that the nose covers the leading edge of the hood showing collision damage? Did you look at the bolts holding the nose? Have they slotted the nose and/or cracked the plastic? Can you see that the nose has moved back under the bolts? Are the holding bolts under the nose and on the ends (wheelwells) also showing damage and non-fitment? Cracks in paint on nose?

Ted

OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not seen the car. Just pictures. It appears the hood is slightely being tucked underneath the top portion of the front bumper. I believe it may need a little tweaking in order to make it look perfect?

OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the car.

You can see the hood sits slightly below. The guy claimed it just need adjusting and that these car are hand built. This look pretty normal to ya?

I'll just have to go check it out for myself and make sure it's never been wrecked. Carfax is clean. Carfax confirmed car is a Blue/White.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 50

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would tell him to adjust it himself if it just needs a little adjusting. Why would he not take the time to adjust it if it was that simple to fix? Mine is a little off also but it does not bother me. Also, I would want a current dyno with the Air/Fuel on it.

OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much was it raced ?

Well there's a long story behind why the owner is getting rid of it, but to be honest the owner "wife" took possession of the vehicle and is just trying to get rid of it. She has no knowledge of the vehicle herself. All she know is that all the upgrades were put on around 30k miles. current miles is at 37k. She said that it was mainly at shows.

-I'm going to have that ViperTech perform compression/ leak down test. & a full inspection on the vehicle. So we will see.

Thanks for everything guys:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd proceed with caution. Make sure to do your homework.

Are there any receipts for any of the parts or work ? They might help.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a full blown track car with the wing, tow hook and track wheels. I'd be concerned about the hood alignment.;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
contact revheat on this site. i think he keeps track of all the Blue/white cars, maybe he knows a little bit about it ?

call chuck tator (914-763-3136) and ask him to run the vin # for ya too. he is always helpful and at some point youre gonna need his help, might as well introduce yourself now...lol

OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was a "dump"

thanks for everything guys! with the help of everybody I was able to think clearly and stayed away from the car. I especially want to thank Chuck Tator personally for taking his time to talk to me on the phone and went over what I need to know about the car. Awesome guy! :)

-Wasted 20 hours of my time, drive, gas, hotel, food
-Loss $1,000.00 deposit
-Loss $400.00 for comp/leak down test. (I believe the dealership has some affliation with this Viper sale)
-Cancellation Fee on a trailer I had to cancel

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What pissed me off the most is that the guy misrepresent the car. I've never delt with anybody like that before in my ENTIRE LIFE. He became very offensive and started getting all ********* on me when I told him I'm not going to get it.

I'm going to dispute the paypal charge and hope to get my deposit back. The guy basically misrep the car entirely.:(

Last edited:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you had to go through all of that BS and money to meet a loser that misrepresent the condition of the Viper. You were smart to do your homework. There are enough Vipers for sale that you should plan on seeing a few if you are willing to spend 20+hrs travel time. Start in a city with a higher concentration of Vipers for sale or even a site sponsor/dealership. If money is tight then wait another year to expand your choices for a Viper because most often you get what you pay for if you shop wisely.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should get your deposit back. Was the contract not "pending inspection and/or financing"? Any misrepresentation on his part should automatically get you a refund.
It was good that you did your homework and saved yourself the grief of having a dud that keeps costing you.
If you do buy a Roe S/C car that makes 700 HP do as RTTTTed said and make SURE that the motor has been built to handle that kind of power. Anything more than a 5 PSI pulley-550 HP- should have motor upgrades.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best way to make right is make sure nobody else gets jammed up on that car. keep an eye out here for people asking for info on it.

glad you used your head on this one !

OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck yeah.

Describing the car as Excellent, and only having Two scratch and no oil leaks? Complete bull.!.! I even confirmed with him over the phone as I'm quite picky and I will be driving 10 hours. I don't know how people can just do something like that. Thinking he can just misrep the car and when you get there he's just going to said "what do you expect from a 97 vehicle."
-the hood has over 8 stress cracked and spider cracked. Front bumper all messed up. Shifted up due to the tow hook. Body, every panel has a flaw. Door has fiberglass cracked. Timing chain cover has a puncture an appears someone JB weld the hole to prevent leak, but oil still seeps out. Blower leaks oil, oil pan leaks. Car runs on ****/ water mixture and when I check the bottle it was empty. He randomly puts in these cards and WOT to see which one is faster. Note: UNK tune setting each card. The dude claim he's the middle man selling for a friend that is going thru divorce. Won't let me talk to the owner. Just a shady deal and a waste of time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viper_gts_SC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys seen kit car before, this Viper looks just like one in it's worst beat up condition. Fiberglass chipping, door doesn't close all the way. Bottom all scraped up and dent underneath. Loose interior panels, wiring not correctly wired, missing knob, the car looks like a junk/ salvage title car. Honestly I wouldn't even spend $20g on it.

And funniest thing is this guy is not even the owner. He's basically advertising a vehicle for a friend in which he misrep the car and took my money. He wouldn't refund me the money because on the day I arrived there he has to show up @ 7am. This is just ridicoulous and I will present all the email/ text copies, receipt to paypal. I don't care about my expense/ time that I can see is my responsibility. But the principle of this is he misrep the car and think he can make quick money from people. Sorry guys about the rant. I'm just very annoyed and ********** right now. N

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad this only happens once in awhile. I entered my ACR in a Car Show today and beat out a NEW Z06 for first place in the 2000 and up catagory!!!

You must be registered for see images

Yellow plaque against front tire is 1st place trophy.

ACR, Paxton supercharged NOS = 802rwhp - ViperClub Classifieds

My showing wasn't the greatest as I also did shopping for my General Store the day before and had phones, Hair Dye, file folders, wireless router, etc etc, filling the trunk with my overnight bag on the Passenger floor.

Awesome reaction from the public towards the car. Participants submitted voting sheets and ACR was chosen by the 200+ people that had cars entered in the show.

When I bought my Sapphire GTS I pestered the guy with hundreds of questions. That car had won 6 of 7 trophies at the V10 nationals. No dyno sheet but 10.5@139mph which was confirm by several VCA members and Larry Macedo (that built the car).

As previously stated, think positive and be happy that the amount of effort you put into checking out this car helped you to ID that it wasn't any good and it sure wasn't what you wanted. He wasn't know to members and it sounds like you wouldn't have been able to track him down if you got scammed. You should be able to collect from Paypal. That is why you used them right?

I'd consider this a good deal. Sounds like if you bought it you would have been paying the entire time you owned it.

He just tried the different cards to see which was faster??? It does sound like the divorce that I went through. EX-wife sold my car parts, race cars, tire inventory, tools and then burned my shop to the ground. Told the cops that I burned it. Her boyfriend was probably "doing me a favor by selling all my stuff" too. EX used ******* I think. That's a 15 year old story now thank God. I'm happy that she "took me" before I owned Vipers, LOL. :)

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good luck. Let me know if I can be of help. You know that you can call Eddie Martin and Larry Macedo if you'd like most of the cars history. If you PM I'll send you back their phone numbers.

I'm driving it to Edmonton and Jasper this week, and I'll be parking it in the rear of the garage after that (testing and mods all finished) until sold. I'll be insuring my Sapphire GTS and putting the miles onto that car the rest of the summer and fall. So far today we've been told that the car is "pretty at every stop we made. We stopped at a Restaurant and went inside. Tour of Koreans came in. Most didn't even notice my ACR and walked right past like it was a rock or something. During dinner 3 Korean women went out and took turns posing with my car. Front, back, other side, etc. Don't think they knew what it was, they just thought it was "pretty" LMAO. Car was dirty from the few heavy rain showers we drove through. Guess they drive DAO there? Hyundai? Anyway, none of them spoke any English. Waitress told me twice that she REALLY liked my car. LOL. Said she's going to ask her Dad for the money to buy it, haha.

You must be registered for see images

I do have a recpt. from Eddie that says he charged me $560 for the vehicle inspection. Also have the recpt from JonB for the Red pads, and Border recpt shows I paid tax on the new door speaker kit.

Ted

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy