600 Awhp Gtr Scalped My Gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was driving and went to pass this GTR when he got on it at pretty much the same time I did...

Talked to him afterword in a parking lot and he told me about his 600 awhp...Kool car..I told him about my 476 rwhp..he liked my car as well..

The best part is his friend got a video of us trying to pass eachother..

My head still hurts from being scalped...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRmMifm5nY&feature=channel[/media]

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to you for trying so many times, even though he clearly had you out gunned.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea it was the weirdest thing..We just both kept trying to pass eachother..Guess we were both maybey in a hurry?

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont GTR's have 485 horsepower? was his modded?

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me like exactly the same video you posted on the Alley and said "He is the brother in law of a very close friend of mine..So it's all just for fun..I actually started in second gear in all those races. My car will hit 62 mph in first gear with my sct tune (tested it a week ago) but I tried one of these races in first gear at 35 mph and just blew the tires out really bad. So I stuck with second gear".
So was it a random person that you "tried to pass" as you claim here (and you both happended to have cameras ready to film it), or was it a set up race you knew were going to lose, like you claimed on the other site?
There is no shame in losing, but it's all you ever seem to do. The problem is the totally different stories posted on two different sites. You do realize there are a lot of people who go to both site, right?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to hazard a guess, the new story is to parodize how offended the folks on the other thread are getting over a Viper winning a race.

Plus the obvious LanceRomance reference..........

Nice getting killed.:2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My brother-inlaw Billy Bob's got the fastest *** in the whole dang county"

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I was pokeing fun at the zr1 scapling...btw the gtr is 600 at the wheels vs my 475 at the wheels

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busa will come along and say you won because you say you lost.

Oh, wait... You have video so I guess you'll have to bring the cars and the tape over and we can verify that it was those cars and we can check to see the recording has not been tampered with and then if you buy steaks and beer for everyone we'll believe what you said.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only lost cause your car is yellow. If it was black you'd have blown his doors off!!!!! :D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Viper is lighter yet the GTR revs higher.

Does that contest look like a 125rwhp difference?

Or even more like a 100 rwhp difference if we factor in vipers lighter weight???

I wonder how a 600rwhp Gen3 would fair against the GTR???

And nice video of Kailua, HI.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know on the other site you posted that your a cop right? Any reason why you wouldn't at least remove your plate from the video?

Twister/ Tornado ( whatever you want to be called on this site ) will double the amount of "Viper" losing to " " videos on the net with in the year LOL.

Now get off the net and go give out some speeding tickets.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Viper is lighter yet the GTR revs higher.

Does that contest look like a 125rwhp difference?

Or even more like a 100 rwhp difference if we factor in vipers lighter weight???

I wonder how a 600rwhp Gen3 would fair against the GTR???

And nice video of Kailua, HI.

You forget the GTR is AWD...eats everything in the quarter? Viper's /Z's...they have no chance against a stock GTR with L/C...

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car does look a lot better. GTR just looks like a 350z with a body kit. Too bad it's not more distinctive looking.... Nice race.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forget the GTR is AWD...eats everything in the quarter? Viper's /Z's...they have no chance against a stock GTR with L/C...
Do you really think it's worth it to a GTR owner to void their warranty by turning off L/C just to try beating a Viper or Z?

"The GT-R is built to exceptionally high standards and is a true supercar in every respect. It is designed to be operated in accordance with the Owners Manual provided at the time of purchase. The GT-R is not to be operated with the VDC system switched off, except when rocking the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow. Damage to the vehicle, including to drivetrain components such as the transmission or engine, resulting from such operation is excluded from warranty coverage by its terms. As customer satisfaction is our top priority, we ask that our GT-R owners keep this in mind and reference the GT-R Owner's Manual for more details."

False advertising... AND butt ugly

Just saw Jeff's quote "If you buy a foreign car, you are the trade deficit!" :2tu:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think it's worth it to a GTR owner to void their warranty by turning off L/C just to try beating a Viper or Z?

"The GT-R is built to exceptionally high standards and is a true supercar in every respect. It is designed to be operated in accordance with the Owners Manual provided at the time of purchase. The GT-R is not to be operated with the VDC system switched off, except when rocking the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow. Damage to the vehicle, including to drivetrain components such as the transmission or engine, resulting from such operation is excluded from warranty coverage by its terms. As customer satisfaction is our top priority, we ask that our GT-R owners keep this in mind and reference the GT-R Owner's Manual for more details."

False advertising... AND butt ugly

Just saw Jeff's quote "If you buy a foreign car, you are the trade deficit!" :2tu:

Agreed on all points - but they do anyway - here's proof!

YouTube - Adolf ******'s R35 GT-R Original

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you probably know AWD is ONLY good for a drag race from 0 to *** mph.

Dont think AWD matter's much in this video when starting a race at XX mph.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on all points - but they do anyway - here's proof!

YouTube - Adolf ******'s R35 GT-R Original

Ok.. LOL... so you have a sense of humor... :rolaugh: Overplayed, but humor...

There's plenty of proof... Like the settled class action with Nissan

REPORT: Nissan GT-R class action suit over transmission failures settled — Autoblog

The car was not built to handle what Nissan claimed. The new 2010 is a slower car... because they had to reign it in to what the vehicle could actually handle.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I actually did good for 125 rwhp down...he actually said he was 600 or 620 awhp but couldnt remember..So I may be closer to 150 rwhp down..

Those were from his perspective...These were from mine..

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNE2cUi871k[/media]

and this one too

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRruLqrqJ9A[/media]

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys know the rules about posting street racing vids here:

The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely.

Rather than nuke the thread, I'm just going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.