Any 1 Interested in a Spring and Cap Illustrated Upgrade Thread

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometime in the next two weeks I'll be installing Eibach lowering springs and caps. Essentially "slamming" my RT/10.

I am just curious if anyone, or how many, would be interested in a full write up with pics in the illustrated upgrade section. Winter is just around the corner and I have the strange feeling that this topic will come back around the closer we get to the snow fall season.

Input, anyone and everyone welcome!!!???

:usa:

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was going to be my next step was to make sure I had all the ends covered when taking on this mod. It "should" be as simple as renting the spring compression tool and taking the old ones off and putting new on with caps and adjusting the shocks correct????

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright Tony it's a deal. I was planning on renting a hydraulic compression tool to begin with. Just need to make sure the odds and ends are covered like shock adjustment and so forth.

Ill get to work on it sometime in the next couple of weeks.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you take your shocks off...write down what the factory settings were. I found that each of my shocks were set differently for rebound. The driver's side shocks were both set at full-soft which I believe is 6 half-turns. The passenger side shocks were set at 0 half-turns front and 2 half-turns rear. Based on Tator's suggestion, I ended up setting the rebound to 2 or 3 turns and it made a big difference. I may go back and set them stiffer. Looking forward to your how to. Enjoy.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget shock adjustment. GTS Bruce

On that note, I was going to do this, but am confused about how the standard Konis are adjustable. I understand they are all adjustable in regards to the rebound, and the ACRs are both re-bound and height, but what is the optimum setting for fronts and rears generally? Was it 400 front and 800 in the rear? Pictures would be awesome :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone is anxiously awaiting this how-to. My schedule won't allow me to get to this for a couple of weeks still, but I haven't forgot.

Thanks for all the tips, I'll be sure to take my time on this one and write up a good one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stryker4life