Accusump port Gen2

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggestions? I have a new unit sitting around.

1. Use the light oil pressure sensor port with a T. I used that port already to prime the engine in the past and the pressure gauge does go up as I primed it with the the primer tank when I drained the oil.

2. Y into the oil cooler/filter housing tubing (this was my first thought but didn't have all the fitting for the accusump) and modify the filter housing internal valve at the same time if I can with out needing to remove the housing from the block.

I had been starting the car once a week after doing #1, but some personal BS has happened and I haven't started it in ~2 years. Hopefully the cylinder walls are not f'd up. I might have to borescope them if you guys think I should. I'm thinking about manually turning the crank before starting it again.

Yes I can pull the plugs and relay and just crank it, but I rather not rotate stuff until I know (try) there is at least a film of oil on stuff. Even though it is new oil with a Wix filter (I know about the anti-drain valve on filters) when I done #1.

I'm already PO'd about the BS and this just adds to it.