Anyone have white leather interior?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the Venzano interior - red with white accents - and was curious if anyone has done that and has experience with if the white leather gets dirty easily.

Yeah, I take the normal precautions, but white is white.

BTW, I'm gonna triple triple triple post post post this so just ignore the others.

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLEASE don't do it. tacky...save it for the anniv edition countach.Not to mention you will see those skid marks.:omg:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the white interior you got to **** it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, to try to give you at least one usable response, I dont have any experience with white leather interior, but it seems it would get very dirty. I know every convertible I see with a white top, the top looks like crap. White interior is like black exterior...its gonna show EVERY flaw and particle of dirt

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, to try to give you at least one usable response, I dont have any experience with white leather interior, but it seems it would get very dirty. I know every convertible I see with a white top, the top looks like crap. White interior is like black exterior...its gonna show EVERY flaw and particle of dirt

This could be true; but you really can't compare it to a "convertible white top" since that is on the outside of the car and is more vulnerable to getting dirty from pretty much anything. My mom's BMW has a very light colored interior. I don't think it's white but it could be something close to an "off-white" and it always looks clean. Like any car; especially a nice car like a Viper; don't eat in it or spill anything and just maintain it overall. Any leather interior is going to be pretty much the same thing depending on how you take care of it. So of course if your eating something like "chocolate" and it melts on the seat.. obviously it's not going to show up as much on black leather as it would on white interior(vice versa if you're eating white chocolate ;)); but that should be pretty obvious anyways. :smirk:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had white leather in my Stingray and yes it did get dirty but I would just clean it with Saddle Soap and it would look beautiful again.

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAVE.If you were sure about it you wouldn't have to ask.

I was going to get a VENZANO INTERIOR BUT SEATS ONLY.JUST GET THE SNEAKY PETE EMBLEM ON YOUR SEATS AND KEEP THE REST BLACK.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAVE.If you were sure about it you wouldn't have to ask.

I was going to get a VENZANO INTERIOR BUT SEATS ONLY.JUST GET THE SNEAKY PETE EMBLEM ON YOUR SEATS AND KEEP THE REST BLACK.

If I was sure about WHAT?

I started this thread to inquire about the durability of white leather, not ask for approval on my color selection. If that's where you are going with this.

Those other comments are useful, but I really want to know how white leather holds up by people that have had white leather before.

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry! I have seen some and they show every little crack and color.They seem to wear easier due to the color...you can see every stain every line every crack every speck of lint or crumb etc...

Why not keep your stock interior? Did you see white online and think it would look good? Just curious.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I had white leather inserts in some of my cars and over time they get dirty and are hard to clean. With Venzano's high quality leather I think you'll have less issues with cracking but I think it will be a PITA to keep clean especially if you use your Viper as a daily driver. At first, I'd clean the leather just about every day for preventive maintenance. But that got old after while and let it go. Granted, it was my daily driver and not my 'special' car. Do whatever makes you happy. I think the Red/White combo will look great in your car. You'll probably enjoy a routine cleaning anyway and it will look bad ass. What does Venzano suggest?

My good friend and neighbor had his interior done at Venzano 3 years ago. It's the Steel/Grey || Welcome to Venzano Viper || Vehicles || Steel City Grey Viper || on his site. Quality and attention to detail is absolutely fabulous. Definitely get the center console padded for extra comfort. :D

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry! I have seen some and they show every little crack and color.They seem to wear easier due to the color...you can see every stain every line every crack every speck of lint or crumb etc...

Why not keep your stock interior? Did you see white online and think it would look good? Just curious.

I'm not talking just white, but red with white accents. Red is the primary color, with white bits here and there. Look at the Venzano web site to see pics of the body color matched interiors.

My car is red w/ white stripes.

Dave, I had white leather inserts in some of my cars and over time they get dirty and are hard to clean. With Venzano's high quality leather I think you'll have less issues with cracking but I think it will be a PITA to keep clean especially if you use your Viper as a daily driver. At first, I'd clean the leather just about every day for preventive maintenance. But that got old after while and let it go. Granted, it was my daily driver and not my 'special' car. Do whatever makes you happy. I think the Red/White combo will look great in your car. You'll probably enjoy a routine cleaning anyway and it will look bad ass. What does Venzano suggest?

My good friend and neighbor had his interior done at Venzano 3 years ago. It's the Steel/Grey || Welcome to Venzano Viper || Vehicles || Steel City Grey Viper || on his site. Quality and attention to detail is absolutely fabulous. Definitely get the center console padded for extra comfort. :D

Good info Tony. My car is not a DD - have a Super Duty for that - so the wear and tear factor will be low. I also rarely cruise with the windows down keeping dirt to a dull roar. I have a vehicle with no body or windshield for those days...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's one thing if your were looking to do this on a 1978 Eldorado, then heading down to Studio 54 with a triple white Caddy. But not in a Viper

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's one thing if your were looking to do this on a 1978 Eldorado, then heading down to Studio 54 with a triple white Caddy. But not in a Viper

If you would actually read me post, you would find 2 things you've clearly missed:

1) I'm not putting a white leather interior in my Viper. I'm thinking about putting a red leather interior with white accents.

2) I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether that would look good or not on my car. I asked how easy white leather gets dirty.

Comments on my color choice are of course up to you, but I don't care. I have already made up my mind that I like what I'm thinking of doing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, something like this but with red back-rest and seat with a white stripe running through it? || Welcome to Venzano Viper || Vehicles || Red 10th Anniversary Special Edition! || I think that would look great and match the theme of your Viper.

That is one of the designs I've looked at. Difference would be solid red seat w/ white S'Pete, full width white stripe with single white chaser stripe to the outside on each side. Just like my car is striped.

Do the center console in red with the white GTS logo, and then red again all the way out to the doors from the knee bolsters.

Still plenty of black left in the car to contrast. But lots of white on the seat where you sit.

I think I'll be OK with maintenance of the white being not too bad it's starting to sound like, but wanted to ask around.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would actually read me post, you would find 2 things you've clearly missed:

1) I'm not putting a white leather interior in my Viper. I'm thinking about putting a red leather interior with white accents.

2) I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether that would look good or not on my car. I asked how easy white leather gets dirty.

Comments on my color choice are of course up to you, but I don't care. I have already made up my mind that I like what I'm thinking of doing.

It's pretty obvious a lot of people are missing the point to your reasoning for this post. It's also clearly obvious you do have your mind set up on what you want to do. So just go and get it done; any Venzano interior is going to look amazing compared to the original black that's standard in the Viper in most people's opinions I would think.

As for white leather interior getting dirty or red interior with white accents; like I had stated before it all depends on you. All leather interiors can get dirty; but I think we can both agree that the lighter the interior, the more you are going to see things compared to a darker interior since red is a lighter color. Having white accents "in my opinion" isn't going to make a difference in the sense your interior is going to look dirtier. On my new Viper I am getting; it already has custom Venzano Blue and Black leather interior with White accents to match the iconic 96. I also will not eat or drink or do anything in my car which I'm sure a lot of people don't anyways when owning an expensive car they hope to keep in top shape. If you are maintaining your viper and using it for the sole purpose of enjoying driving it; I really don't see anything you have to worry about. Also as I said before my Mom's beemer has an off-white leather interior and she drinks coffee in it all the time and eats and it always looks clean.

P.S. This is my 100th post! haha ;) and when you get it done post pics! :2tu:

Last edited:

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend has a blue Jag with a white leather interior. He is very neglectful in maintaining his vehicles. The car is 8 years old with approx 75k miles. I don't believe the exterior has ever been waxed or the interior has ever been cleaned. I must say...the condition of the interior is still very nice. I think with a good interior detail, it would still look great.

Another friend of mine is into classic cars and hot rods. He has just redone the interior of his steel bodied '34 3 window coupe with a wonderful cognac material. He sent the job out of state to a well noted shop. He told me he had it done in vinyl because a high quality vinyl interior can look better and wear a lot better than leather. I don't know why this is a concern of his because I don't think this 502 ci , $100,00 hot rod will be driven more than 3000 miles in the next ten years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno