AWD Conversion?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anything is possible with enough money, time and smarts.

But why an AWD Viper? You can buy some slower Ferraris and Porsches that are already AWD for a couple hundred thou more.

If you built an AWD Viper it wouldn't be as good as it is now as the entire car is built for rear wheel drive. There would also be reliability issues if you had a big power car. The Veyron is AWD, V16 and quad turbocharged for just over a million.

Ted

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything is possible with enough money, time and smarts.

But why an AWD Viper? You can buy some slower Ferraris and Porsches that are already AWD for a couple hundred thou more.

If you built an AWD Viper it wouldn't be as good as it is now as the entire car is built for rear wheel drive. There would also be reliability issues if you had a big power car. The Veyron is AWD, V16 and quad turbocharged for just over a million.

Ted

I was more just interested to know if it was possible, not that I was thinking of attempting it... :) But I didn't think about the points you raised and whether or not it would even help the performance :dunno:

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the month of January, Chuck is giving away a cupholder with each AWD conversion kit purchase.
I'll take 2! :omg:

lol... Hey Chad, guess who rented from me this weekend.. Hint: She is an uber hawt actress from a little show called Sex and the City. Jealous? ;)

haha

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take 2! :omg:

lol... Hey Chad, guess who rented from me this weekend.. Hint: She is an uber hawt actress from a little show called Sex and the City. Jealous? ;)

haha

I'm proud to say I've never seen Sex and the City, nor do I know who plays on it. From your tone, I'm assuming I am jealous. But exactly how jealous am I? aka who?? :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another thing I didn't mention is that while our Vipers are designed so well that they only lose about 14% hp to the driveline, AWD usually loses about 25-30%!!!

It also adds a lot of weight (I'd guess about 6-800 pounds).

Ted

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the show a few times, but I'm obviously not the target market... no interest. Though I will say that she was the only one worth looking at. The lead actress, Parker, looks scary IMO.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And where do you put the front diff, the middle diff and the shafts for the front wheels and so on? Total hogwash, the idea...:rolleyes:

And this question comes every year again :crazy2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno