Care to share Michelin PS2's experience?

VIPERUSH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,I've posted a thread on seeking an alternative to Michelin tire and I got some interesting comments.
I am a "********" run flats afficionado but it seems that I may be on the wrong side of the track...
So anyone out there care to share his driving experience with the "new" non-runflats Michelin Pilot PS2's?
I need to make up my mind!. Grateful Thanks

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,I've posted a thread on seeking an alternative to Michelin tire and I got some interesting comments.
I am a "********" run flats afficionado but it seems that I may be on the wrong side of the track...
So anyone out there care to share his driving experience with the "new" non-runflats Michelin Pilot PS2's?
I need to make up my mind!. Grateful Thanks

Viperrush --

I also responded on your other thread but here's some additional info: I am interested in getting another set of Sidewinder rims and mounting some dedicated rubber just for track days. I called Luke at Tire Rack who has done quite a bit of competition driving and he actually stated that for someone at my level (not a pro or amateur racer, just autocross and HPDE/driving schools) I was better off skipping tires like the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup and Hoosier R6/A6 and just getting another set of the PS2s. The tire has great grip that approaches a DOT-R compound tire but if it ever rains I am better off having the hightened rain capability. In contrast, he warned that the Hoosiers and the Pilot Sport Cup are either inferior or near dangerous in the rain compared to the PS2.

/Rich

OP
OP
V

VIPERUSH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Rich, any concerns about PS2's apparent rapid ware (see other post)? Also, my dodge dealer is a bit concerned about uneven distribution of hardened foam inside tire after repair if car standing too long (permanent inbalance). This may mean a new tire every time I get a flat...Seem silly i know but i had to ask. Richard
p.s dealer is asking Chrysler about this potential problem with PS2's flat repair kit.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting post,

I need a pair of new front tires and was wondering if I should go with the PS2's?
The rear run flats are almost new so I'd have a mixed match for a while.

I haven't tracked the SRT/10 yet but hope to start up again in 2009.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just purchased 2 PS2 at the beginning of the year. I ran Pocono race track and just finished a Viper day session this weekend. I had to have Archer Racing give me a mid- range race alignment. My tires were so worn on the sides. I only used them for 2 driving session. I don't like them for track and wouldn't buy another set. I would look at some Kumhos first. Maybe the PS2 would be good for basic driving around town. I wouldn't buy a set for track days.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Rich, any concerns about PS2's apparent rapid ware (see other post)? Also, my dodge dealer is a bit concerned about uneven distribution of hardened foam inside tire after repair if car standing too long (permanent inbalance). This may mean a new tire every time I get a flat...Seem silly i know but i had to ask. Richard
p.s dealer is asking Chrysler about this potential problem with PS2's flat repair kit.

I have about 2400 miles on my PS2s and have gone through a few autcross schools but no track days yet so I can't comment on track use but for daily use the wear has been fine. I believe the fix a flat kit that comes with the 2008 models is not intended as a long-term fix; my guess is that it is intended to allow you to drive the car long enough to reach a service station where the tire can be repaired (if possible), the "goo" removed from the inside of the carcass of the tire and the remounted on the rim.

/Rich

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting post,

I need a pair of new front tires and was wondering if I should go with the PS2's?
The rear run flats are almost new so I'd have a mixed match for a while.

I haven't tracked the SRT/10 yet but hope to start up again in 2009.

Personally, I would not run mixed tires especially if you are going to any track days.

/Rich

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought new wheels and a set of PS2's and love them. They grip a whole lot better than the Pilot Sports. I do not track my car but for street use they work much better than Pilot Sports.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno