Custom Painted Flames GTS Value/Resale

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the affect of a nice looking custom paint job on the value of a GTS ?

Does the fact that I am asking the question serve as my answer ? Is there some merit if the end result looks good ?

A Viper is pretty over the top already is custom paint just completely insane ?

Anyone want to share pics of their custom paint jobs on any model Viper ?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never do flames on a GTS. But then again, most people wouldn't paint their hood vents white. Also don't like those gills in that pic. And those wheels look weird.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you like it, do it. If you are worried about resale, don't. It will kill it. IMHO.

EXACTLY, if you dont plan on selling it, it doesnt matter. but either way it will look horrible with flames.

white hood vents > flames on a viper ( thats not saying much though....lol )

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the flames, because they are done so well. But, I would'nt do it ot my own car. Aldo, hate those wheels and gills. IMHO

Resale may be adversely effected slightly, from two standpoints. One, less people want a car with flames than do.
Two, you'll never get the $$ you put into it back out.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i've seen that viper before (not in person) it has some sort of tv or movie or famous person pedigree, no :dunno:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either flames OR stripes. Not both...... It's like wearing plaid pants with a striped shirt. Just hurts the eyes... :rolaugh:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well paint flames on, the gills and the wheels are awful.
Why stop there.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't purchase a Viper painted with a non-factory color. I would be surprised if I am alone on that.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't purchase a Viper painted with a non-factory color. I would be surprised if I am alone on that.

I agree for the most part, I've seen a few custom ones I really liked. Example Roadkill's prowler purple car I always thought was a good looking car.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The base color looks great... Do any Gen2s come in that color or is it just the Gen4s ?
I may go see this car as the picture probably doesn't reflect the true picture...good...bad or otherwise... This car and the Black Mombo Ghetto Snake car may wind up in some Viper Orphanage...LOL

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are always going to assume that the repaint was because it was in an accident. If you paint it, plan on keeping it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy