Deep silence and Genesis Project

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is up at Chrysler ... Genesis Project ?!

Things have been too quite since the 2008 Viper was released.
However if you read financial news papers there is a lot of underground noise.
(Like before a big earth quake).

Since 9 months there are no new projects on the table. Motortrend and most of high end magazines have stopped talking about new development at Chrysler. I have heard about great projects but they are like small parts in a big puzzle.

No matter what you read or watch there are no Chrysler commercials.

However Financial Post had small talks about the following things. These are not rumors but facts.
- Genesis Project to revive Sebring and Avenger (I can't believe this)
- Outsourcing to India through Tata. You get what you pay for.
- Plastech's bankruptcy and tool removing attempts
- All the correspondence between the dealers and new management
- Aggressive dealership consolidation
- Selling Chrysler in 3 parts to some Asian companies: Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler
- Latest: No more orders on Vipers ?!

People keep asking what is up at Chrysler. I would like to give them something positive.
Anybody has update on these things.

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me to a marketing education and I will GLADLY show them how things should be done all on my own! Pay for lectures and study books and you're damn sure gonna get your worth outta me.. the job I currently have ***** balls and I would more than welcome the opportunity.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys ? I had the impression that I started an interesting discussion about Chrysler's futur but nobody dares to answer. Did I touch a sensitive matter ?! :)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Cerberus is pulling back on spending to make the balance sheets look better. Then it's off to the market to recoupe their investment.

Cherry Chrysler
Geely Jeep
etc???

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we're all just weary of constant rumour and innuendo. Kinda just numb over it all, and taking a wait-and-see attitude. There have been so many threads on the topic, it's just another blah, blah, blah.
Sorry. Just my 02.

~Craig

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up guys ? I had the impression that I started an interesting discussion about Chrysler's futur but nobody dares to answer. Did I touch a sensitive matter ?! :)

Nah...just caught up in the other interesting, mind-numbing end of the Viper discussions on this forum. After a while, they all end up being the same...blah blah Chrysler is dead...blah blah Viper is done...blah blah. Until Nardelli or some other official from Chrysler/Cerberus (someone that actually knows what's going on) speaks out this is all just a waste of time. But if it floats your boat have fun with it.

Last edited:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with an SRT guy today and he gave me the scoop on some new 09 colors and wheel options. Keep hope alive.

Al Gore and the world governments are sticking their noses in these companies business, so I would think their trying to read the tea leaves and figure out their next move. IMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno